Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any info on this brand?  (Read 1210 times)

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
Any info on this brand?
« on: December 12, 2016, 01:36:28 PM »

Anyone know anything about the "La Savoyarde" brand? This box looks very Hohneresque and seems in reasonable nick......

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Akkordeon-Ziehharmonika-La-Savoyarde-Knopfakkordeon-8-Basse-/232170369483?hash=item360e6eb1cb:g:294AAOSw-0xYTCiB

Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Any info on this brand?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »

Superficially Hohner-like but lots of details that are not.  My guess would be its from one of the better quality Saxony makers, but that is very much a guess.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

triskel

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 05:53:10 PM »

"La Savoyarde" sounds like it's probably a French/Swiss brand, and like Theo has said, it looks like it's from one of the better quality Saxony makers.

But what a pity the seller hasn't posted a picture of the treble grille, which could be revealing in working out who made it.

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:00:58 PM »

Thanks chaps - that pretty much coincides with what I was thinking.  I probably won't take a punt on it - 125 euros seems a bit steep for a minor builder.

Cheers
Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal