Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, new to forum and a question  (Read 1628 times)

stevejay

Hi, new to forum and a question
« on: July 09, 2009, 06:06:32 PM »

Hi all,

I am a concertina player, and purchased a c/f melodeon off ebay. It went to the shop for tuning etc.
Is there a good site to learn tunes for the melodeon? I found a Scandinavian site with mp3s and some pdfs. I also puchased a book "the absolute beginners guide..." and hope this will be somewhat useful.

Basically I'll experiment on my own as well, but would hate to miss out on a useful resource. I'll also poke around the forums to see what I can learn.

Nice to meet you, I participate on concertina.net sometimes, so you might recognize my nickname.

Steve

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
Re: Hi, new to forum and a question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:48:21 PM »

hi steve, i dont know if this may help but when i normally wish to learn a new tune i find one i like on youtube (that way i can watch how its played as much as i want) then try to find the sheet music at http://www.thesession.org/ this info isnt much help, but it maybe usefull, there are loads of great folk on this site with loads of usefull information they are always willing to share, good luck
tommy

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:17:48 PM »

Nice to meet you, I participate on concertina.net sometimes, so you might recognize my nickname.

Steve

Hi Steve,  you are welcome, glad to hear you found your way here.  I'm sure you will find lots of help here.

My tip:   if you want to play English (or possibly Irish) material from printed sources be prepared to pretend that your instrument is D/G.  Not when you are playing along with D/G players of course  ;D

Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

TonyRussellDavis

• Tony Russell Davis (Black Sheep Tone/BLT)
  • Regular debater
  • Mandos'n'guitars'n'boxes'n'pipes'n'stuff.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 07:55:33 AM »

Hi Steve and welcome. Quite a few here dabble in the dark arts too, but I didn't find "stevejay" in the members list on c.net ??? All best Tony.
BTW - my guess is Anglo, yes?
Call if you're ever in North Yorkshire.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal