Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: First box - like strong base - which one?  (Read 8946 times)

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
Re: First box - like strong base - which one?
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »

If Scott hasn't suggested it already, might ask him to pad the treble keys to limit travel.  This is one of the most reasonably priced, useful mods on Hohners.  Really improves the action.
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

Melissa Sinclair

• Regular debater
  • Got my first squeeze... box(es)
    • Melissa's Melodeons
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2017, 03:44:19 PM »

If Scott hasn't suggested it already, might ask him to pad the treble keys to limit travel.  This is one of the most reasonably priced, useful mods on Hohners.  Really improves the action.

Thanks I will ask.
Plunking on my 1st box: Vintage burl Hohner in GC,  a lonely Hohner Liliput in CF, and a borrowed Streb to have a "silent Melodeon" and a melodeon of many keys!

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2017, 05:44:55 PM »

When you do take possession of the box keep coming here and asking.
We've all done it, basic questions, no matter how insignificant, don't be shy just ask  ;)
I distinctly remember several times posting a question, going into the kitchen to make a cup of tea only to return to an inbox full of replies. It helped me tons......

I suppose now the most difficult thing is being patient  :D
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Melissa Sinclair

• Regular debater
    • Melissa's Melodeons
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »

When you do take possession of the box keep coming here and asking.
We've all done it, basic questions, no matter how insignificant, don't be shy just ask  ;)
I distinctly remember several times posting a question, going into the kitchen to make a cup of tea only to return to an inbox full of replies. It helped me tons......

I suppose now the most difficult thing is being patient  :D
Q

This site is unbelievable helpful so huge thank you to @Clive and @Theo.  I do search stuff every evening - I listen to tunes of the month, etc.

I don't know for sure when I'll get the box. It's been selected, but it's in a queue and needs a bit of work (but less than Scott remembered).

I've also been blogging up a storm as writing is a stress reliever for me too. I have done  a couple blogs before, and I've missed the writing - mostly for myself.... In one night I wrote up 12 posts so that they can go out in a sequence... The next week or so is rather busy, so while I had some significant down time, I went on a writing storm... it helped  - I felt so much better yesterday...
Plunking on my 1st box: Vintage burl Hohner in GC,  a lonely Hohner Liliput in CF, and a borrowed Streb to have a "silent Melodeon" and a melodeon of many keys!

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2017, 06:34:56 PM »

NOT TO BE READ BY MELISSA

(Have we warned her about the dangers of MAD yet, or should we wait until we've got her so far in that she can't back out? Hee hee! :|||: >:E)

Chris B.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2017, 09:55:25 PM »

Chris, mate..... Too late.
She's well on the way.
Mwahahahah  >:E
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2017, 10:01:04 PM »

The next week or so is rather busy, so while I had some significant down time, I went on a writing storm... it helped  - I felt so much better yesterday...
No hobby I take up is ever as cheap as I expect it to be - the more you find out, the more you appreciate the extras - but it's all cheaper than counselling or divorce.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Melissa Sinclair

• Regular debater
    • Melissa's Melodeons
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2017, 12:17:29 AM »

Chris, mate..... Too late.
She's well on the way.
Mwahahahah  >:E
Q

Oh so true.

Melissa Sinclair

• Regular debater
    • Melissa's Melodeons
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2017, 12:18:51 AM »

No hobby I take up is ever as cheap as I expect it to be - the more you find out, the more you appreciate the extras - but it's all cheaper than counselling or divorce.

I lead a busy life (but not nearly as busy as so many I know) and one thing I have learned is that having the right tools make all the difference in ease and efficiency. If it's been true for everything else in my life, it will be true for this too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal