Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Swiss and Tirolean accordions query  (Read 2164 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Swiss and Tirolean accordions query
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:10:07 AM »

This was prompted by the 'Heligonka' thread elsewhere.  6 years ago I biked to South Switzerland and found one of their accordions in a shop. It looked like ours but had a more complex left end and was not something I was going to pick up and play. Any ideas?

Googled 'Heligonka' and all the sites are Slovakian - is the Swiss type related, or are they ... yet more variants? D3R (on field trip to Lapland)

_       _    _      _ 

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
Re: Swiss and Tirolean accordions query
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »

here.
There are lots of YouTube examples.

HallelujahAl

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »

Am restoring a Heligonka here
Drumkilbo of this forum plays an orgeli - he kindly sent me a recording of his efforts and it blew me away - great sounding instrument and played by a real box genius! Really worth getting in touch with him for more info about this kind of box. Can you tell us a little bit more about it - how many rows did it have, what tuning was it? etc
AL

MartinW

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »

The Shwyzerorgli I have has 3 rows on the right hand, the outer 2 are a standard Eflat/Bflat layout. The inner row is an assortment of accientals and reversals.

The left hand end has 18 buttons. These are similar to a small piano accordian -9 pairs of note and major chord, the same push and pull, with G at the bottom, then C, F, Bflat, Eflat etc.

I bought it in Interlaken a few years back, having bought a small 1 row (in F sharp!) at the same shop a couple of years earlier. It is fun to play and has a nice sound, but I haven't really used it a lot. The left end is quite heavy, and it needs a different style of playing with less changes of bellows direction or your left arm tires quite quickly.

Martin   

DRUMKILBO

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »

Many thanks for that Al.I'm not sure that a genuine orgeli player from Switzerland would think much of it tho' !
Martin W sums up the instrument well, altho' I have the A/D rather than the flats [ thinking of the fiddler]
Fascinating box tho' and such a distinctive and appealing sound.

Ian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal