Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon Playgroup North East I  (Read 7101 times)

Tufty

• Dino Bincis etc
Re: Melodeon Playgroup North East I
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »

Very well organised event, well done Nigel! Next time you should delegate more, it took a lot of work to make it run so smoothly.

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2017, 06:19:53 PM »

Made it home safe & sound - despite the arm! Will wait to see if any speeding tickets drop through the door!
I would like to say that the whole day (with one obvious exception...) was very good - even though (or possibly because?) Dave was somewhat manic ;) As with the Evesham playgroup I've come away with a lot to think about and try to remember. Just wish I had been able to participate more! :(
On a personal note - a huge thank you to Nigel for not only organising, but also for rushing around like a blue a*sed fly to keep things running & to Chris for the splendid "cricket tea" lunch. Lastly thank you for generosity in providing a very comfortable bed and lashings of tea & toast (& bacon & eggs)
Hope you will continue organising such events in the future, but you need to have a team to take some of the weight from your shoulders!
Well done sir! :D
Nick
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

David

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2017, 10:35:01 PM »

Thanks for organising an excellent day Nigel; the tuition was really useful - there's a lot in there for me to adsorb and practice.   It was a lovely group - great to meet so many other players and share tunes, and the joys and frustrations of learning. 

David

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2017, 11:04:55 AM »

For those not on the semi-ubiquitous Facebook - I snapped/twanged the tendon in my fore-arm & will be wearing a splint for the next 10 days or so...
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2017, 11:23:54 AM »

For those not on the semi-ubiquitous Facebook - I snapped/twanged the tendon in my fore-arm & will be wearing a splint for the next 10 days or so...
Sorry to hear this , Nick

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2017, 12:21:38 PM »

Hopefully just twanged - having snapped a tendon in a finger I'm pretty sure you'd be splinted for rather more than just 10 days if it had snapped.
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »

I rather hope so as well; but without further investigation (slicing open, MRI or similar) it's not entirely certain! However I can move all the fingers, so that may well be a good indicator (judging by my position of a total lack of medical knowledge...)

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »

I think that you would call it a big success. Attended by 18 people; 5 absolute beginners, 4 beginners and 9 improvers. Such sterling work by our tutors, Theo, Dave Gray, Owen Woods and Richard Featherstone, with the usual support from Pete (Acorn Instruments). Everyone did the bit to make it work so well. It has to be repeated.
Now for the next Playgroup - the Derbyshire one on 15 October.   
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal