Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your house is burning down and you can only save 1 box?  (Read 9581 times)

george garside

Re: Your house is burning down and you can only save 1 box?
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2019, 09:51:04 AM »

possibly  same as MarioP  but if fire  was slow spreading I would grab my 3 voice serenellini DG that has served me well for over 20 years  and my hohner gaelic BCC# cos it plays in 12 keys  ( for the learning of 5!)  and has my favourite 'wet' tuning.  If fire still slow spreading I might add  my battered DG pokerwork 'cos it brings back happy memories of my days as a morris musician.

Perhaps it would be better to keep ones boxes in a damproof and fireproof shed so it won't matter if the house burns down.

george :-\

author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

steveh

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2019, 10:05:50 AM »

The clear way forward must be for us all to construct fire-resistant panic/strong rooms to avoid the problem. An expensive option but imagine the trauma of leaving a melodeon behind to a fiery demise. You'd be racked with guilt forever!

JimmyM

• Regular debater
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2019, 06:14:48 PM »

... If fire still slow spreading I might add  my battered DG pokerwork ....

>:E

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2019, 07:07:38 PM »

With thick enough fire / damp proof walls and those on reduced decibels due to family or neighbours could find a full volume refuge  8)
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2019, 10:23:12 PM »

possibly  same as MarioP  but if fire  was slow spreading I would grab my 3 voice serenellini DG that has served me well for over 20 years  and my hohner gaelic BCC# cos it plays in 12 keys  ( for the learning of 5!)  and has my favourite 'wet' tuning.  If fire still slow spreading I might add  my battered DG pokerwork 'cos it brings back happy memories of my days as a morris musician.

Perhaps it would be better to keep ones boxes in a damproof and fireproof shed so it won't matter if the house burns down.

there is a storage near my house which I used last summer as I was moving to a new house. they begged me to storage my collection with them but I didn't move to a bigger place to pay for storaging them. the whole point was to move to a bigger place to build a closet that can handle them and storage them in a room with air conditioning controlled to prevent humidity from getting to them.

my new response to this post would be I would grab the box that I keep handy so right now would be my Hohner " Rey del Vallenato " GCF :D

Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, SabĂ­an, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

george garside

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »

there is a storage near my house which I used last summer as I was moving to a new house. they begged me to storage my collection with them but I didn't move to a bigger place to pay for storaging them. the whole point was to move to a bigger place to build a closet that can handle them and storage them in a room with air conditioning controlled to prevent humidity from getting to them.

my new response to this post would be I would grab the box that I keep handy so right now would be my Hohner " Rey del Vallenato " GCF :D

the last five lines of the above are from Mario not me!

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal