Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: GC melodeon from scratch - exercises derived from pieces  (Read 4326 times)

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: GC melodeon from scratch - exercises derived from pieces
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 12:17:00 PM »

Good that you've got going, I wasn't sure if you meant to upload something, when you said 'here'?
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Jamie H.

• New Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 06:21:54 AM »

Thanks for making these lessons available. I've been messing with a borrowed GC and these are helping make a bit more sense out of it all. Coming from a stringed instrument background, (banjo, guitar, fiddle) I'm finding this to be quite a challenge, but you're helping out a lot.

Jamie

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 08:15:21 AM »

Good that you've got going, I wasn't sure if you meant to upload something, when you said 'here'?
it seems to be there:
I recorded my attempt (as I promised I would...no shame in being a beginner!). If you are curious, you can find them here. They are at the bottom of the post:  there
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 07:44:49 PM »

Melissa
I've only got one of your videos working (the 5th of Feb one) - I don't know why the others won't play. But if I can make 2 small suggestions:
1 I would really recommend using your ring finger for the bottom bass button at this early stage. Of course there are plenty of better players than me who play this way, but I have found having at least 3 active fingers on the left hand useful. You may have to hold your hand slightly differently - with more of the whole hand going through the strap to get the reach right, but I'd be keen to do that.
2 Try not having such a big top / bottom swing out of the bellows. You drop the bellows towards the floor on the pull, and then reverse that on the push - lifting the end plate towards the ceiling (of course I'm exaggerating). I think these are habits which make things further down the line harder, so why not develop good habits now.
I think the box sounds good, by the way.
You could also even now experiment with short chord notes as an extra exercise. I notice that you said the hands want to mimic each other, rather than be independent, but I don't think it matters if the right hand is also short at the same time for the moment.
Good luck, progress indeed.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Calliope

• New Starter
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 02:40:56 AM »

Fantastic, thanks! As soon as I track down an affordable, entry-level GC accordion, I shall look up your vids. :)

-Calliope
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal