Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lachlan Tigers  (Read 1135 times)

Lonnie

Lachlan Tigers
« on: February 13, 2017, 12:42:17 PM »

Here's Lachlan Tigers played by our trio The Drongo And The Crow at a local open mic session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuYMH-Uv0Rs

I'm usually running a piano accordion and this is the first of our songs that we've worked up with the diatonic.  It's a CF Hohner.  The song is in D harmonic minor and gives the bass a good shake out with Dm, C, Bb, F, and A chords.  There should be a Gm in there but I wasn't courageous enough to try it in anger.

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Re: Lachlan Tigers
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »

Nice - suits the diatonic well. Being very familiar with the Bushwackers' version and expecting a full-on sweaty-male version with lagerphone I was pleasantly surprised by your more gentle take on the song.

Couldn't you get a Gm chord easily enough by grabbing a handful of buttons (well, 3 out of 4) and pulling on the F row?

smiley

• Folk music: it's not as bad as it sounds
    • a few sound clips
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:51:16 PM »

A good bit of fun there Lonnie. Beats me how you can remember all the words and then sing them while playing the box. And your accompaniment on the squeezebox really suited the song well. I could see a drongo and a crow, but who was the third bloke?

Lonnie

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:38:06 AM »

Thanks Stiamh.  I know the Gm is there but was too gutless to try a non-level 1 chord this early.  But I am working on them.

And thank you Smiley.  About those words.  I was in a busking competition last week and gave it the longest introduction ever.  I had cranked up the intro and forgot the first line to my most favourite ever song.  We went around and around and around on that Dm for ever and I couldn't start at all.  "Aaaargh!  Chorus!  Two three four."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:41:39 AM by Lonnie »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal