Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone here in Northern California? Extra points for San Francisco  (Read 1314 times)

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater

While a few recognizably US denizens show up on these boards, I'm wondering who else might be from Northern California -- and especially from San Francisco or even the general Bay Area. Would be nice to find some others to get together with now and then.... I'm in the heart of SF proper, playing mostly with my guitar/cittern playing DH.
MAD: GD Oakwood Baffetti Super II, GD Loffet Pro, GD Oakwood 3-voice, CG Castagnari Sander, CG Salterelle Pastourelle II, GD Saltarelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
Re: Anyone here in Northern California? Extra points for San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:50:22 PM »

Probably busy chasing around the world rather than watching the forum but our squeezeboxgoddess of this parish might be a good contact to find who else is in your vicinity Joan.  http://www.squeezeboxgoddess.com/

Welcome to Melnet and the MADnesses it enables ;)
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:18:31 AM »

Actually Rene lives in Germany these days, from what I understand. And plays Cajun and Irish. And otherwise hangs around with the many PA players in the Bay Area.  The only other melodeon player I've played with  -- once -- was Mitch Gordon, who lives in Northern Sonoma. There are a couple box players in the East Bay who play with Berkeley Morris and its offshoots, but I've only run into them once and don't really know those folks.

I'm more into Euro and English, and get my input from Mel of these parts.
MAD: GD Oakwood Baffetti Super II, GD Loffet Pro, GD Oakwood 3-voice, CG Castagnari Sander, CG Salterelle Pastourelle II, GD Saltarelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 06:20:34 AM »

And MADness has already taken hold. I've four currently, including the Loffet I took over from Helena. Main instrument is the Oakwood-Baffetti Super II purchased a few years back from the Music Room at Towersey.

Kimric Smythe

• Smythe's Accordion Center
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:08:26 AM »

Skip Henderson plays sea shanties at Quinns Lighthouse in Oakland on Thursday eves.
Smythe's Accordion Center
Pinole, California
Sales and repairs since 1997

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 12:11:59 AM »

OK Joan, seems a bit of a migration towards Germany currently - can't be to round up all the ancient relics before they get posted on Ebay (I hope), maybe the busking is fruitful  ;)

As for the Disorder - with Kimric so close you are better placed than many in the US to have a look at other makes or have some fettling done without kitting out for a safari to the nearest Emporium  ;D

Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

John Flynn

• Out of my mind....back in 5 minutes.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 01:10:32 AM »

I'm in Pacifica, so just south of The City......if that helps any Joan.

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 03:20:38 PM »

Absolutely, John. Let me know if you've any interest in getting together sometime. I'm on Potrero Hill, so likely an easy drive between us.

triskel

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 04:32:50 PM »

I've a friend in Vallejo who plays C#/D, but he's not on here. I think he may be more into the uilleann pipes these days though.

sticky fingers

• Tech Guru
  • Regular debater
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »

Hello Joan, sadly i am a bit to late!, i lived in San Francisco on and off from 1987 to 1989, on 14th street, crossed at Guerrero and Dolores, i used to attend a session at, The Plough & Stars, on a sunday night, a great irish bar for music, might be worth checking it out, i met Midge Ure there one night, but that's another story!, best wishes, Sf. 

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 11:01:07 PM »

I know the Plough well. Was there on my first date with now husband, back in late '79 and we did the party continuation after our (relatively brief) wedding reception the next year in full dress!  Sadly, the Americana and Hillbilly bands have taken over more than half the calendar. I was playing more Irish music back then (but on wire-strung harp) -- mostly English and French now on my boxes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal