Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acorn Instruments Showroom  (Read 2217 times)

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
Acorn Instruments Showroom
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:41:39 AM »

Just a quick note  [full details later ]

Acorn Instruments will be opening a showroom for Melodeons and Accordions at Stillington,North Yorkshire in March.

We get the keys beginning of the month and will have a bit of stuff to do.

There are B&Bs and cottages locally if you want a short break whilst trying out instruments and 2 pubs that serve food and a chippy in the village.

Look forward to seeing existing and new customers.

Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Melissa Sinclair

• Regular debater
  • Got my first squeeze... box(es)
    • Melissa's Melodeons
Re: Acorn Instruments Showroom
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 01:30:11 PM »

Well, that's an exciting turn of events for you! Congrats and good luck with the new endeavor!
Plunking on my 1st box: Vintage burl Hohner in GC,  a lonely Hohner Liliput in CF, and a borrowed Streb to have a "silent Melodeon" and a melodeon of many keys!

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 04:04:51 PM »

Like! (As they say on FB)

Chris.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 06:53:14 PM »

In a few months I'll be living close enough to be able to pop in for a morning or afternoon. Could be useful, or perhaps dangerous!
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »

Good news and good luck. You're far too close to me. I'm working in York in mid-March but will travel by train to avoid the car taking an automatic detour. Mind you, it would be churlish not to attend a Grand Opening Ceremony for social reasons, don't ya know. 

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 08:37:35 AM »

Good news and good luck. You're far too close to me. I'm working in York in mid-March but will travel by train to avoid the car taking an automatic detour. Mind you, it would be churlish not to attend a Grand Opening Ceremony for social reasons, don't ya know.

Don't worry,there will be something organized but this has happened so fast.  I was supposed to be renting a small office with space for customers to just come and sit and play specific  instruments,When I came back from the accordion festival in Eastbourne last weekend I was offered something slightly different as a tenant had suddenly decided to move out.
I will have something approaching 50s/m  so lots to sort out ,insurance,security etc.

Will let everone know,don't worry
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:39:58 AM by pete /acorn »
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »

Sounds good, Pete. I look forward to visiting.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Lyra

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 12:16:43 AM »

From what I hear, you might soon need a New Zealand showroom  :|glug
Best of luck with it. It also sounds like you'll also need serious tea and coffee making facilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal