Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I really need a silent melodeon  (Read 5722 times)

Jonathan Arnett

Re: I really need a silent melodeon
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2017, 06:33:37 PM »

... I do not want to be heard by anyone...

Have you given this option any consideration?
Need to get one of them to stuff the kids into so I can practice in peace and quiet. I did try playing under the quilt. Got a bit hot and I couldn't see to read the music. Now a caravan would make a great practice room. In a field in the middle of nowhere.

Melissa Sinclair

• Regular debater
  • Got my first squeeze... box(es)
    • Melissa's Melodeons
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 06:44:33 PM »

... I do not want to be heard by anyone...

Have you given this option any consideration?
Need to get one of them to stuff the kids into so I can practice in peace and quiet. I did try playing under the quilt. Got a bit hot and I couldn't see to read the music. Now a caravan would make a great practice room. In a field in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for the laugh! "I need one of these to stuff the kids in!" :-)

Must say, the borrowed Streb has come in handy a couple times already - twice at work, and last night at home. My son didn't run away.:-)

And sorry I've been away, I had a crazy busy time with work - both jobs- and with being part of a show which was a success... then, of course, after that was all over, I promptly got sick!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:58:14 PM by Melissa Sinclair »
Plunking on my 1st box: Vintage burl Hohner in GC,  a lonely Hohner Liliput in CF, and a borrowed Streb to have a "silent Melodeon" and a melodeon of many keys!

Maggie

• Regular debater
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 08:41:56 PM »

I sympathise, Melissa.  We are just back from a few weeks in south-west europe in our elderly camping car.  Not possible to practice in campsites at all!  My husband, who plays the cornemuse; central France bagpipes, and I headed off to the beach to practice most days.  Quite an expedition with dog, instruments, seat for me - as well as all the usual picnic paraphernalia.

As my playing improves, I am less self-conscious about being heard and even gain a wee audience sometimes  :|||:
Saltarelle l'elfique 19+2 in G/C - and a wee Hohner Lilliput in D/G

La Creuse, France - the land of calm and of brillant traditional music 🎶

Jonathan Arnett

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 09:40:38 PM »

Had an idea to try a lunch break practice in the car today at work. Remembered the box. Got sorted out in the front with  tutor book etc. But there wasn't room to open the bellows much. Kept hitting the center console. So decided there'd be more room in the back. Things were going ok until I needed to get out. O b****r the child locks are on. Now I have a large car with large seats. There isn't an easy way into the front. I had to dive between the front seats and my legs got stuck behind the armrest. Ended up head first in the passenger foot well. Don't really recommend it. Especially not with the postman watching and pissing himself. I mean he could have opened the door for me. If you practice in the back seats. Make sure the child locks are off!

JimmyM

• Regular debater
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 12:58:09 AM »

I'm a delivery driver and use laybys to practice in or if I arrive at a delivery early and have to wait, I'll have a play. My box is always on the passenger seat of my van - with its own seatbelt (:) and I use a clothes hanger to hang my music up.
Like a previous poster, now I can play a little I don't worry about people hearing. Though if I know people are listening I'll often abandon any attempt at whatever I might be trying to learn in favour of a tunes I know I can play easily ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal