Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Les Cailloux at Hebden Bridge  (Read 1309 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Les Cailloux at Hebden Bridge
« on: January 27, 2017, 11:44:33 AM »

I thought I had publicised this event previously on melnet, but I couldn't find it when I did a search, so perhaps I forgot to do so.

A trio of French musicians who perform as Les Cailloux will be running a workshop tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) in the Methodist Hall in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, and will play for a bal in the same venue in the evening. The band comprises Pierre Marceau and Lise Pierre on diatonic accordions and Quentin Millet on French bagpipes. They play traditional music from their home area of Morvan and will teach some Morvandelle tunes from 13.30 to 15.00 and some accompanying dances from 15.30 to 17.30. The bal will start at 19.30 and finish at 22.30 with music by Les Cailloux and Les Panards Dansants. Tickets for the afternoon workshop are £5 and for the evening bal they are also £5, payable on the door.

Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
Re: Les Cailloux at Hebden Bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:29:33 PM »

Hi Bob
I've sent you 2 messages about this band and Dominique Forges. I'm wondering whether the link from melnet is working.
Nigel

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:37:04 PM »

Yes, it's working. I've been ill (a bug I probably picked up at Playgroup), so I've not been responding so quickly to e-mails. Recovered now and reply sent.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »

Yes, it's working. I've been ill (a bug I probably picked up at Playgroup), so I've not been responding so quickly to e-mails. Recovered now and reply sent.
Pleased you've recovered and thanks for the reply.   

Paul Simpkins

• New Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »

Hi

Would it be possible to join in workshop on a D/G box or is particular key required?

Paul

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »

The workshop has already taken place and all the tunes were playable on a D/G box. We hope to arrange another workshop and bal with Les Cailloux next year.

Paul Simpkins

• New Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »

Oops! Should have noticed. Thanks for the reply. I'll look out for the next one :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal