Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazing source of information  (Read 1607 times)

911377brian

Amazing source of information
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:52:39 PM »

I got curious about a Soberano two row that Jimmy of this parish is selling and never having heard of the brand did some digging. I came across a site 'Accordion Links.com' with an almost endless list of manufactures past and present. It's put together by Jeroen Nyhof. Perhaps I'm the only Melnet term that didn't know about this gold mine but I thought I'd pass it on. Anyway, Soberano was the brand of Gustaf Schlott of Sachsenberg Georgenthal if anyone is interested. If I had the slightest interest in two row boxes I would have bought it out of curiosity. As Jimmy says "Cheap as chips " at 35 €...

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
Re: Amazing source of information
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:52:30 PM »

I too perked up my ears when I read the ad for this box. However the reason I did so, has SFA to do with melodeons. When I spent a bit of time in Spain in the late 60's, Soberano was a make of cheap brandy. So as an old alky of many years standing (and falling over) it piqued my curiosity.

HIC !!

Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Andrius

• Regular debater
Re: Amazing source of information
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:12:57 PM »

I bought amazing Soberano 2 row 12 bass from UK two months ago.
Keyboard needs to be repaired. Multi reed plates. Key C/C#. After long consideration I decided not to learn one more system - i think it's enough for me in my age. It means this accordion will be converted to German system someday... Or may be will be sold very expensive 8)
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal