Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danny Spooner  (Read 887 times)

busbox

• Regular debater
Danny Spooner
« on: March 04, 2017, 11:17:35 PM »

Although he played concertina rather than melodeon, Danny Spooner would have been known to many who visit this site. His dedication to folk song and his pleasant, encouraging demeanour were widely known. Sadly, he died on 3 March 2017. Tributes are flooding in to Mudcat and similar sites acknowledging his contributions not only in Australia but internationally.
Tony

smiley

• Folk music: it's not as bad as it sounds
    • a few sound clips
Re: Danny Spooner
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 01:02:17 AM »

When I saw Danny's name in the subject line I hoped you weren't about to tell us he'd gone, but I'd sensed he was on borrowed time over the last year or so and had made sure I enjoyed a few chats with him at festivals in Australia. His singing introduced me to the timeless beauty of english folk songs and I'll always be grateful for the way he enriched my life. RIP

Malcolm Clapp

• Loving my Hohner-reeded wet MMM CastaTommy
Re: Danny Spooner
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »

And just to add a melodeon reference, Danny claimed, as one of his early influences, working for a while on Thames sailing barges back in the 1950s with the late Bob Roberts, singer and melodeon player.

Will be sadly missed.

RIP, Danny.
Tuner/repairer, now retired, but still playing! Happy to offer advice on repairs etc., and might be persuaded to undertake the odd emergency job for local and longtime  customers. Selling a few melodeons from my collection currently....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal