Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pastourelle 2 layout - comments ?  (Read 877 times)

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
Pastourelle 2 layout - comments ?
« on: March 07, 2017, 07:12:52 PM »

I'd like to invite comments about the layout of my D/G Pastourelle, (jpg hopefully attached...)
30 or so years old, stop for thirds fitted - haven't changed it since I bought it back then, from Rees of this Parish. An excellent investment ! I like the layout a lot - accidentals, reversals and chords good (at least in my opinion) for the French music I currently enjoy playing, as well as my core English repertoire. I wouldn't mind having a low C and F natural, but I can't have everything, and changing to 4th button start might make the accidentals more problematic.
I wonder whether anyone else has a set up like this ?

J
Old Bones Dance Band

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
Re: Pastourelle 2 layout - comments ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:50:20 AM »

Must be about the same age as my Pastourelle 2, which is also a 21+4. My layout is different, however- I'll need to sit down with the instrument and work out exactly what the differences are - the biggest one is that mine is 4th button start (and has been from new), and my half-row is nothing like yours.
Will post when I've worked it out properly.

Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

JD

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 08:44:01 AM »

Isn't your G#/Bb button in Octave 4 ? I used to own a 21+5 Loffet that had a 4th button start. The extra button on the half row was the high octave G#/Bb that you don't have, otherwise the layout was what you would have if you changed your box to a 4th button start. I don't remember the low accidental being that much of a stretch.

I also have a Black Pearl III with low notes and accidentals. They are also fairly easy to reach.

If you saw the video of McGrooger playing The South Wind (TotM for February) you wouldn't be worrying about reaching anything.

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »

Yes, you are right JD - the G#/Bb are octave 4. I agree, changing to fourth button start wouldn't be too much of a stretch in terms of the first button accidentals-  I manage ok on one of my other boxes. However, the half row accidentals might not fit in quite as well. Food for thought - particularly as my other 2 1/2 box - a Dony - has third button start - at least at the moment...!
Old Bones Dance Band

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »

The DG treble rows look fairly standard for a third button start (I prefer fourth). I have never, in my limited experience, come across a bass setup like that, though.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal