Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liliput Tips  (Read 1055 times)

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Liliput Tips
« on: March 18, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »

I aren't picking up the playing of my Liliput as quickly as I would like. Has anybody got any useful hints please, particularly as regards the small buttons and the Acidnettles row. :-)
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Liliput Tips
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:32:08 PM »

I have an Erika with a helper row, and had it about s year. It has an identical 2 row layout to my other boxes. I adopt the idea, that the helper row is like nettles, don't touch!
My other boxes are straight 2 row boxes and I use the chin end acid nettles quite a bit so rather than confuse my poor brain I haven't gone to the helper row yet. I know it's sacrilege, but I really don't want to confuse myself. In a while I'm sure I will try though!

My other two boxes are a Tommy with a small keyboard, and a Hascy with a standard size keyboard. Having learnt on the Tommy, I had to get used to a larger keyboard. Now I swap happily between the two. Just keep playing the Lilliput and you will get used to it. Probably true for the acid nettles too, you'll probably get immune  ;)
Q

Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 10:45:58 PM »

With regard to the small buttons, you may need to play a little more with the tips of your fingers rather than the pads. It took me several weeks of playing before it felt properly comfortable. Is it de-clubbed, still third button start and what keys?
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 01:21:31 AM »

@Peter: Fortunately I always use my fingertips, rather than the pads. It is C/F, declubbed and still third button start. Probably your best tip is the first - just keep at it.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal