Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What type of keyboard is this?  (Read 4766 times)

triskel

Re: What type of keyboard is this?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 04:07:28 PM »

How about the story of Tony Ledwith (used to play in The Favourite) dropping an old (new then) grey Paolo off the platform of an old London bus under the wheels of the traffic and going straight to Bells in Surbiton to get another one?

Enough already! I need to go and lie down.
I wish it was as handy to pick one up today!

Yes, Tony told me that story too, except what he said to me was he was coming down the stairs with it and lost his grip on the handle, and it bounced down the stairs and off the platform of the bus, under the wheels of a lorry.  :(

The worst of it was that he was payimg for it "on the old HP" (hire purchase), as they generally did, so finished up having to pay off the instalments on the TWO of them!  ::)

Pearse Rossa

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 11:35:44 PM »

How about the story of Tony Ledwith (used to play in The Favourite) dropping an old (new then) grey Paolo off the platform of an old London bus under the wheels of the traffic and going straight to Bells in Surbiton to get another one?

Enough already! I need to go and lie down.
I wish it was as handy to pick one up today!

Yes, Tony told me that story too, except what he said to me he was coming down the stairs with it and lost his grip on the handle, and it bounced down the stairs and off the platform of the bus, under the wheels of a lorry.  :(

The worst of it was that he was payimg for it "on the old HP" (hire purchase), as they generally did, so finished up having to pay off the instalments on the TWO of them!  ::)

Who was driving the bus? Matthias Hohner?

Psuggmog Volbenz

• Respected Sage
    • musical whimsy
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 04:08:58 AM »

Was this, perhaps, the inspiration for the tune named "stop the bus"?
I'm squeezin' and they're wheezin': old junker boxes

richard.fleming

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »

Yes, Tony told me that story too, except what he said to me he was coming down the stairs with it and lost his grip on the handle, and it bounced down the stairs and off the platform of the bus, under the wheels of a lorry.  :(

[/quote]

You're a mine of information Stephen. How about a book on the Irish Box? I'll place an advance order if you like...
Old Paolo Sopranis in C#/D and D/D#

Pearse Rossa

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 11:42:51 AM »

You're a mine of information Stephen. How about a book on the Irish Box? I'll place an advance order if you like...

Put me down for one as well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal