Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Diana accordeon, in a distressed condition - worth fixing?  (Read 1308 times)

Tone Dumb Greg

• DG Pokerwork, DG Saltarelle Piroulet, CF Hohner
    • Dartmoor Border Morris
Re: Old Diana accordeon, in a distressed condition - worth fixing?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 08:03:24 PM »

...Having owned a 70s morris marina I  personally think some vintage instruments and vintage cars etc deserve to be condemned to oblivion with money the better spent on reviving quality iconic items.

To be fair, Marinas were pretty crap in the 70s. My brother in law reckoned it was the worst car he ever had. Broke down every two minutes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:05:30 PM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith
Is not the space between Heaven and Earth like a bellows?
It is empty, but lacks nothing.
The more it moves, the more comes out of it.
Lao Tzu

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
Re: Old Diana accordeon, in a distressed condition - worth fixing?
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2018, 10:55:23 AM »

To be fair, although they had their faults I wouldn't describe the Marina, as Total c**p they inherited a fair proportion of their mechanichal parts from the Morris Minor, which was  a pretty sturdy  and reliable vehicle if well maintained, indeed many of them are still going strong today, I bought and drove Marina for 2 years when I first started driving again after a lapse, did about 3000 miles or more in it often carrying a full band P.A system and two passengers in it (back seat removed !!) with no problems other than regular maintenance.
As far as the Diana Melodeon is concerned, I bought one as a project for about £20 when I first decided to try my own home maintenance and needed something to practice on and it was definitely better than most of the other saxony made boxes I had seen, ....steel reeds, a very sturdy non leaking bellows and  in fairly good cosmetic condition. after a couple of years, I gave it away to a youngster,....basically as a toy, and as far as I.m aware its still around and working after five or six years.

From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.