Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Commander one row three stop  (Read 1548 times)

vof

• Regular debater
Commander one row three stop
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:25:34 PM »

I was in a local charity shop yesterday buying a small case that I thought would be useful for transporting one of my boxes. The assistants commented that they had sold most of their luggage recently and was I going on holiday? When I explained why I was buying the case, they said they had an old accordion upstairs which they were unsure about, and would I look at it for them and give them my opinion. It was in quite a state, certainly unplayable, and the fact that one of the stop knobs came off in my hand did not give me much confidence in the build quality. Am I right in thinking this is a cheap Saxony box not worth more than £10? If it does not sell, I may buy it provided they take my offer ;) just to compare the relative build qualities of this end of the market with my Hohners. More pics available if you wish.
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.

Stockaryd

• Regular debater
Re: Commander one row three stop
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »

Buy it.
Then I want to buy all the  metal corners! ! Please!   Please! 
Hohner Corso, Hohner Erica, Emmanuel Pariselle, Gessner,   Koch,   Mariotti,    "China  NoName",   4 Toy,     -and now some more

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:28:07 PM »

Everyone wants the metal corners! They'd fetch good money on eBay, I'd bet.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »

Both the outer frame corners and the inner/narrower corners? Sounds like I should buy it for the benefit of the melnet community! I've printed off the results page http://www.gardinerhoulgate.co.uk/Catalogues/mi031210/page2.html from the auction discussed here http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php?topic=5441.20 in which a Commander plus five other anonymous melodeons fetched £40!
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:34:41 PM »

Think the clue is in the description - Stop! Stop! Stop!  ;D
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:34:06 PM »

I checked back with the shop today and was told the box was sold to an American lady visitor who paid the asking price of £35 for it - she appearently was buying it for her husband. I think the YMCA charity did well to get that much.
Vince O'Farrell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal