Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Treating myself to a new box but there's a problem  (Read 1317 times)

Jackie_H

Treating myself to a new box but there's a problem
« on: April 04, 2017, 01:20:42 PM »

I have been playing on and off for a little while and am now making a concerted effort to improve with lessons, workshops etc.
I want to change my box but for what is the question. I play a d/g Black Diamond which has been fine as a beginner's box but a step up is long overdue. I like to play a variety of music and need something fairly light and not too big as I have qùite small hands. New or second hand is fine
I dont have a fixed budget but probably up to around £1500, although less would be great.

Most people say you should try different ones until you find the one for you. Unfortunately I am quite some way from any shops and there are no melodeon or folk groups locally thst I can tap into.
Can anyone set me off on the right direction so that I can focus my search and not have too many wasted journeys? 
I live in the Scottish Borders.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Treating myself to a new box but there's a problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »

If you ever get down to Tyneside you are welcome to call in and try any instruments I have in stock with no obligation to buy.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:41:24 PM »

Hi Jackie. You'll be able to try out and buy some boxes at the Melodeon Playgroup North East in County Durham on 20 May. Acorn Instruments will have a stall and, from experience of the Playgroups, Pete will bring a large range of new and second hand mainly Castagnari boxes. Theo will also bring boxes to sell. It would be worth talking to them beforehand as they might be able to bring boxes specially of interest to you. I've also witnessed private sales between the punters at these events, sometimes following advanced contact through Buy and Sell on this website.
I'll see you at the Playgroup if not before at North East Melodeon Group. It'll be nice to see you again as we started lessons at the same time at the Sage.
Nigel

Jackie_H

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:39:50 PM »

Thanks Theo
I come down fairly often
. I'll give you a call
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal