Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upton-upon-Severn Folk Festival  (Read 1170 times)

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
Upton-upon-Severn Folk Festival
« on: April 29, 2017, 08:23:55 AM »

Hi,

Jenny and I are here until Monday 1st May dancing and playing respectively.  It would be nice to meet any fellow melnetters who are attending. We're with Chelmsford Morris and our ladies wear bright green dresses.

Les
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Upton-upon-Severn Folk Festival
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:06:14 AM »

I'll look out for you, Les. I'm here with Crook Morris (green and wine-red crossed baldricks). Dunny is here as well - not sure whether he's with Shakespeare or Bell d'Vain. I'm sure there'll be others.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »

I'll look out for you, Les. I'm here with Crook Morris (green and wine-red crossed baldricks). Dunny is here as well - not sure whether he's with Shakespeare or Bell d'Vain. I'm sure there'll be others.

Hi Bob,

Perhaps I'll see you tomorrow if you're about. Bumped into Dunny, smashing chap!  He was with Belle d'Vain who were excellent. Had a brilliant day, met some lovely people and had a go on quite a few boxes.  Heaven!

Les
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:38:03 AM by Daddy Long Les »
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

JohnAndy

• Regular debater
  • John Barber
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 07:34:51 PM »

Hi,

I've missed you then, I'm afraid Les. We were at the festival this afternoon but mainly in the role of taxi drivers for our daughters who played a couple of gigs today.

I did see Bob across the room in the lunchtime session in the Swan, but didn't manage to say hi.

Hope you'll enjoy the rest of the week-end!

John

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »

Just arrived home from a great weekend. I enjoyed playing for dancing, watching other sides dance, the fact that it didn't rain much (unusual for Upton), a bit of singing and, of course, playing in some great sessions.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, Les or to say hello to JohnAndy (maybe next time), but enjoyed spending some time with Dunny and Nicola.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal