Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: Tunes of the month July 2017  (Read 1864 times)

Grumpy

• Grumpy
  • Regular debater
Poll: Tunes of the month July 2017
« on: June 30, 2017, 04:23:39 PM »

Has there been a poll for the July TOM or have I overlooked it, my excuse, I'm old.
Chris D, Surrey, UK
Getting old but still learning. Pokerwork G/D, Saltarelle L'Elfique G/D, Castagnari Lilly G/D and Hohner Liliput Declubed G/D + English concertinas, mandolins, recorders, tin whistles and other items unknown to household managment

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
Re: Poll: Tunes of the month July 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:35:54 PM »

Nope, hasn't been one this month. Shame 'cos I was just thinking I might get around to it again after months of heavy morris tune practice and other stuff to sort out.
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Grumpy

• Grumpy
  • Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »

Thanks Helena,  l'm still hoping a tune will be chosen so simple that even I would have the bottle (nerve??) To attempt it on video.
Chris D, Surrey, UK
Getting old but still learning. Pokerwork G/D, Saltarelle L'Elfique G/D, Castagnari Lilly G/D and Hohner Liliput Declubed G/D + English concertinas, mandolins, recorders, tin whistles and other items unknown to household managment

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »

Has there been a poll for the July TOM or have I overlooked it, my excuse, I'm old.

Chris said he might not do one if there was insufficient interest in June as it would likely be quieter still in the summer. Would it be possible to do an Indi one for those interested?
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 11:03:36 AM »

Indeed - I haven't one run this month; plan was to take a 3 month break or so. If there is interest though, we can do some of the ones we did in the really early days for those who want to keep having a go - there's some really nice, useful tunes that would well justify a repeat, and most of the people currently submitting won't have done them yet. I'll set one going in a bit.

Ellisteph

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 11:25:31 AM »

I'm pretty sure that very few of us (apart from Clive) have submitted a video for every single TOTM so any eager melodeonists out there could scroll through the past & pick one you fancy having a go at. Or choose something from your 'To learn list' - could bring up some really interesting stuff.
Salterelle Connemara III, Loffet Pro C/F

arty

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »

Could I suggest a 'kind of theme' for, say, a two month period?

Learn a tune which is out of your comfort zone, for example a tune from a different country to the one that you live in. Just an idea  ;D
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 11:40:26 AM »

Why not; I was going to a general 'play me something you learned over summer' theme, but let's do this first for a month, and the 'learned over summer' (designed to pick up those tunes learned at festival workshops etc) next month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal