Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giordy air-button  (Read 975 times)

Cooper

• Gaillrd G/C/#,Casta Allain8 GC,Lofft CF, giord ad
    • Cooper's homepage
Giordy air-button
« on: May 06, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »

When i am sitting down and playing my Giordy i have no trouble with the airbutton like this. When i am standing however, sometimes my hand moves a little to where it becomes really hard not to push the airbutton...and air is already tight, with a giordy ;-)

I faintly remember someone changing (the position of?) the air button here somewhere. Lester perhaps? What was changed, and does it work? Can i see some pictures perhaps?

Thx!
W
Please correct my English, it's been a while, and i like to learn.
And don't be so polite! I know i must be typing tons of stuff that a native speaker would say differently...please enlighten me.

www.wouterkuyper.nl
www.lirio.nl
www.trekzakacademie.nl

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
Re: Giordy air-button
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 03:23:06 PM »

I have made a modified bass board from 3mm ply, and Brian has done something similar. The original is either 2mm or 2.5mm, I used it as a drilling template then stashed it away.
The bar is 3mm brass, but that's really too hard to work and 2.5mm or probably even 2mm dia would do. It's about 25mm from the edge.
Optional thumb rest for the air button, thumb sits outside the strap of course.

Works very well for me.
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Cooper

• Gaillrd G/C/#,Casta Allain8 GC,Lofft CF, giord ad
    • Cooper's homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »

I have made a modified bass board from 3mm ply, and Brian has done something similar. The original is either 2mm or 2.5mm, I used it as a drilling template then stashed it away.
The bar is 3mm brass, but that's really too hard to work and 2.5mm or probably even 2mm dia would do. It's about 25mm from the edge.
Optional thumb rest for the air button, thumb sits outside the strap of course.

Works very well for me.
Thanks for your reply!

I am sorry, i am total nitwit with actual tools :-) n woodwork and such, (or the English words that are used in context with woodwork and such)

so...I dont understand what you changed. i see the button still at the same spot, but a little bit of wood next to it. What is that bit of wood supposed to do?

I was thnking if it were possible (or at all helpful) to move the button to really the side of the box. In other words, dont have your thumb in the strap but to use that thumb for a button of some sorts on the side.

W

Modified: Oh wait, now i understand! Ok, that might work, will think that over!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:42:52 PM by Cooper »
Please correct my English, it's been a while, and i like to learn.
And don't be so polite! I know i must be typing tons of stuff that a native speaker would say differently...please enlighten me.

www.wouterkuyper.nl
www.lirio.nl
www.trekzakacademie.nl

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »

The extra piece of wood is just to rest my thumb on, because the air button is rather long (on mine, anyway). It isn't necessary, just a bit more comfortable.

So my fingers go inside the strap, my thumb is outside it like a concertina.

(My hand is twisted round a bit to try to show better.)
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 06:29:36 PM »

Hi,
One of my customers added an *mm spscer under the strap near the air button allowing more room for your hand
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal