Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which app' to record yourself?  (Read 2817 times)

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
Re: Which app' to record yourself?
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 07:39:47 PM »

Afraid movie maker was removed from windows 7 so is not an option unless I pay for it.

When? It was there when I was using Windows 7 and Windows 8 (on W10 now). In any case, there's a free download at http://www.windows-movie-maker.org/    Please understand I carry no torch for Microsoft - first up against the wall when the revolution comes, if you ask me - but if there's a program that works for what you need and costs nothing it seems daft not to use it.

Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

Jonathan Arnett

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 04:17:41 PM »

Maybe only on better versions of 7 than mine! Anyway grabbed the free download. Thanks. Useful for editing video also.

I'm really shocked that some of my melodeon heroes actually edit there takes! Lol. Actually that makes me feel a whole  lot better. Though I bet you don't need to edit as much as me. And if you didn't I wonder if I could tell the difference! Probably will be awhile before I can produce something that isn't too shocking to put my name to. May invest in a metronome as I tend to speed up as I go along at the moment. Thanks for all the help everybody.

Tyker

• Respected Sage
  • Cheviot C#DG,Hohners D and G/C
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 06:36:20 PM »

Microsoft have removed the download from their site, so you can't get it there. Existing copies are fine.
Graeme - North Hampshire,UK

There is no noun that can't be verbed

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »

I think people like the warts and all approach to youtube. With soundcloud there's always the question of how much editing has gone on. It makes us feel better to see other players in the raw.
Not sure where I stand on the rights and wrongs of editing recordings. Professional musicians do this all the time. For me Soundcloud is primarily a tool for recording my progress with morris tunes and sharing these with team officers so there would be no point in recording other than warts-and-all performances, and it shows, but I am happy with that.
Should have said it makes ME feel better to see players in the raw. No hint of criticism about those who use Soundcloud intended - I've done several myself - but in my case it's because I know I need to edit the playing. I've played on quite a few CDs as a clarinet player, over 1200 in fact, with some great players, and although I only every bought one or two of them I do now look out for cheap copies in charity shops (thought twice about posting this as I am here as a melodeon learner, not an ex clarinettist). Those recordings did of course benefit from having recording engineers who did nothing else all day long. So I've nothing against editing per se. I do want to learn as I watch - subtleties of technique etc. I also get involved in the piece so much more if I can see it happening. 
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal