Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paola Soprani - for real ?  (Read 242 times)

hspeek

Paola Soprani - for real ?
« on: May 19, 2017, 05:20:22 PM »

Hi all,

Just came across this one on eBay, advertised as a "Paola Soprani"...
A Jubilee this is definitely not, and neither is a 23-button (at most 21 if you replace the missing ones). But is this even a genuine Soprani ? I've seen a few, but never came across this color or this style of lettering.

Rgds.,

Han.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:30:18 PM by hspeek »

wayne scott

pgroff

Re: Paola Soprani - for real ?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 06:15:10 PM »

It is a model that I've seen before (and owned), and the Paolo Soprani label is original although I'm not completely sure if it might have been made in another factory. Not 23 keys, not a Jubilee, almost surely not a BC. The ones I've seen have been in Italian keys (GC etc) and somewhat heavy / awkward to play. I'm guessing 1940s.

hspeek

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:34:04 PM »

Link now fixed.

triskel

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 11:13:10 PM »

It is a model that I've seen before (and owned)... I'm guessing 1940s.

I think we had correspondence about that one in the past Paul? I didn't know what to make of it then, but in the meantime I've found evidence that Paolo Soprani were using such grilles at the end of the 1930s and start of the 1940s.

Not 23 keys, not a Jubilee, almost surely not a BC. The ones I've seen have been in Italian keys (GC etc) and somewhat heavy / awkward to play.

For that matter, the seller also reckons "The key plate is missing" - but, of course, it never had one, seeing that it has a stepped, open keyboard...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.