Discussions > Instrument Design, Construction and Repair

Bellows corner size

(1/3) > >>

Rog:
Anyone got a tip for establishing the radius of bellows corners I.e. to buy a right sized replacement.

Steve_freereeder:

--- Quote from: RogerT on May 19, 2017, 05:45:24 PM ---Anyone got a tip for establishing the radius of bellows corners I.e. to buy a right sized replacement.

--- End quote ---
Rub a soft pencil (2B or similar) over one face of one of the existing in-situ bellows corners, then position a piece of plain paper in between the bellows fold. Squeeze a couple of the bellows folds shut onto the piece of paper. Open the bellows again and remove the piece of paper. Enough graphite from the pencil should transfer itself to the paper to enable you to measure/estimate the radius.   

Rog:
Now that...is an ingenious answer. Thanks! I've tried estimating with a little steel rule but it ain't very accurate.

Rob2Hook:
Roger,

If you go to the Italian bellows manufacturers' websites you'll find the order forns have a sheet of templates for the bellows corners.  Print that off and you can offer them up to the box.  From memory there are differing radii and angles available/

Rob.

Rog:
Thanks Rob. My issue with that is my printer may print them a different size to your printer or, for that matter, the manufacturer's printer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version