Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any sessions early July?  (Read 1372 times)

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
Any sessions early July?
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:35:28 PM »

Hi all

I'll be in Polperro, Cornwall, for the first few days of July, then meandering up through the Cotswolds to my native West Midlands for a week or so. Don't suppose there are any handy sessions I could drop in on?

Cheers
Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Any sessions early July?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »

First Tuesday of the month, the Bridge Inn Topsham ( close to Exeter ).
It's my regular session though have managed to miss most this year through a variety of reasons......
Mainly English but whatever will do!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Graham Spencer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 04:35:07 PM »

Thanks - that could fit nicely, as I'm leaving Polperro on the Tuesday afternoon.....

Cheers
Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »

Hi Graham,
There might be a spanner in the works I'm afraid.
I just rang John who runs the sessions, as I know they 'shut' over the summer to prevent a clash with Sidmouth being just down the road.
He said there is a July session but as a one off it's on Wednesday 5th July as the landlady has another event as a one-off on the first Tuesday.
I have a horrible feeling you might have gone up country by then.....
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Graham Spencer

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 11:56:09 PM »

Thanks for that - yes, I'll be well into the Cotswolds by then, I'm afraid. Never mind.

Thanks for taking the trouble to find out about it and post the info: much appreciated.

Cheers
Graham

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 08:29:00 AM »

Oh that's a shame, i thought it might be a problem for you. It would have been great to meet and have a play together.
Typical, it's been Tuesday's for years and the one time it changes......!!
Hey ho.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 05:10:40 PM »

There is/was a session just outside Penzance on a Tues night I think, but it sounds as though you will miss that well.

Someone else here will need to give you details, I have been once in 2015!
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 08:37:20 PM »

Yes, the Pirates Inn, Penzance, every Tuesday. Mostly tunes, maybe a few songs, English, Irish and French. Microbot of this parish is a leading light there and will be able to correct if I've posted misinformation.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal