Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2018  (Read 44868 times)

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2018
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2017, 11:07:06 PM »

I'm definitely interested in attending, and happy to provide support and assistance over the weekend.

Nice one, Bob!
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

Choonz

• Good talker
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 11:13:41 PM »

Sadly I don't think I will be able to make my escape for the weekend in April :(

Lyra

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2017, 02:39:25 AM »

What would be uber cool would be to livestream one of the sessions. Not the whole thing, obviously as that would miss (much of) the point of the weekend, but one workshop I would gladly sit up for and (fork out for) as 200 miles is a stretch but umpty thousand is a non-starter.
I realise it's just a pipe dream/workshop envy but still. Maybe one day ....

We could look into it. I can't promise anything more than that at this stage.
It would be fab - but I accept it may be a pipe dream, and probably more than year 1 would want to cope with .... maybe someday.

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2017, 07:24:01 AM »

I'd certainly be interested in attending.
Not afraid of a little travelling (can't get much further south from without either needing flotation devices or getting very wet!)
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

Oscarmouse

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2017, 08:02:45 AM »

Hi Bob. With Lovely countryside, lovely people and no M40, If April's a goer count me in.
Tony

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2017, 05:51:56 PM »

April dates are in my diary, all being well I will be there.
Sue
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2017, 08:47:49 PM »

Have provisionally booked B&B ( with free cancellation) for April dates as when looking up places to stay in Hawes the available beds seemed to be getting snapped up for that weekend  ;D  :|||: 
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2017, 01:38:22 PM »

Much prefer the weekend in April. I've put it in my diary. Hope it goes ahead. David

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2017, 05:31:22 PM »

May please :) The April weekend is out for me as already booked for a St George's event.
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »

The good news is that Steve and I have reached the point in our pre-planning where we have convinced ourselves that we can do this and are willing to do so. (As I write this, my wife is making an appointment for me to see a psychiatrist!)

So, this event is now officially going to happen. The Dales Countryside Museum has been booked for the venue and three of the four main tutors have been booked. A trade presence has been arranged and a master-fettler will be on hand. Other arrangements are well in hand - a lot has been done in the last three days!

The bad news is that, whichever date we choose, it will be inconvenient for some people. However, responses here and attempts to discover what else would be on at the same time have led us to the conclusion that Friday 20 - Sunday 22 April 2018 is the most suitable of the dates available to us, so that is when it will be.

I will take the lead on the organisational side and Steve will handle the booking of the tutors, liaising with them and arranging for the music to be available to participants before the event.

We''ll use this thread and a dedicated website to keep you up to date with developments as they occur and we are also looking into establishing a presence on Facebook. Please don't try to book places yet. We anticipate taking bookings  from the beginning of January. Meanwhile, if you are interested in attended, please make a note of the dates: 20-22 April 2018.

For people who want to book accommodation early, I will have an accommodation list available in the next few days. However, you might like to know that The Fountain Hotel, Market Place, Hawes, is allowing us a room free of charge in which to hold sessions on Friday and Saturday evenings (after events have finished in the museum), so you may wish to patronise that establishment for accommodation, if it suits your needs and budget.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:47:40 PM by Bob Ellis »
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Phil Howard

• Regular debater
    • Red Cuthbert Morris
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2017, 05:11:40 PM »

Thanks Bob and Steve (and those who've offered help and I'm sure you'll put to work well!) - I'm looking forward to it already.

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2017, 05:16:52 PM »

;D Yippee!  and the dates are the ones the B&B is booked for so we don't have to alter them.  OH may smuggle in an Autoharp for sessions ....... after all I've been taking melodeons and concertina to the UK Autoharp do's for the past few years  to tempt people to try boxes  :|||: >:E
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2017, 01:35:46 AM »

Other instruments will be most welcome in the sessions. A variety of instruments has to be preferable to wall-to-wall melodeons!
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

folkypete

• Good talker
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2017, 07:58:09 AM »

Fantastic effort from both of you. Hotel booked...great stuff.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2017, 07:31:35 PM »

Hotel booked -  looks like another year I won't make it to Oxford Folk weekend.

I shall look forward to receiving further details  :|||:
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2017, 11:53:14 PM »

I've just finished preparing a list of accommodation. It is not exhaustive but it provides a good choice of hotels, B&Bs and caravan and camping sites, all within walking distance of the venue. I can't vouch personally for the quality of any of the places on the list because, for obvious reasons, I have never needed to stay in any of them, so you'll have to judge them from the information on their websites. I'll put the list on the website when we get one up and running. In the meantime, PM me with your e-mail address if you would like a copy. You'll need to do this because the list is a Word document, which will be sent as an attachment and I don't think you can attach files to PMs.

As a result of discussions I held with the National Park yesterday, we'll be able to offer free parking passes for the weekend in the Pay & Display car park alongside the museum. It is likely that the prohibition on motorhomes staying overnight on this car park will also be lifted for course members from Friday 20 until Sunday 22 April. For people who want an electric hook-up, there are four caravan/motorhome sites within walking distance, one only about 400 yards away.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »

Sounds like you were born for this.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »

Thanks Bob.  The parking pass will be very helpful.  Thank you for taking this on!!! :|||:
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »

There has been some indecision about the official name of the event, but we have now finalised it as Melodeons in Wensleydale. The programme has been agreed and, with one exception, the tutors are booked. We'll publish the line-up and programme once the final tutor is in place.

Guy

• Not quite enough melodeons....
    • Cats Claw
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2017, 11:59:49 PM »

Brilliant effort! Well done Bob....I've booked accommodation in anticipation....

Cheers,
Guy
Guy, in South Wales

Cats Claw, http://www.cats-claw.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal