Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2018  (Read 44877 times)

Choonz

• Good talker
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2018
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »

I have stayed on the Caravan Club site at Hawes, it is a short walking distance from the centre of Hawes.  I don't think they open bookings for 2018 until December.  It is a big site, but the facilities are excellent.

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2017, 11:26:21 AM »

The Caravan Club site is only 2-3 minutes walk away from the museum where the workshops and concert will be taking place.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »

The Caravan Club site is only 2-3 minutes walk away from the museum where the workshops and concert will be taking place.

This would be very convenient but Caravan Club sites often don't accept tents, so if you have a tent (or have friends with tents) the Bainbridge Ings site may be more suitable. And it is only 10-15 minutes walk from the museum.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2017, 12:46:23 AM »

That's true, David. Bainbridge Ings is a nice well-run site just along the road from my house and it caters for tents, caravans and motorhomes.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »

Progress continues: the tutors have all been booked, a bank account has been set up, Steve has produced an eye-catching publicity flyer, which is on its way to the publisher, and Brian has acquired a domain name and e-mail address and has begun work on the website.

We have not forgotten that several people here asked about a G/C workshop. If we provided this in the main part of the programme, it would restrict the choices of those people who don't have a G/C box (we can't lay on an extra workshop because we don't have an additional workshop space available). However, we are planning to have 80-minute Melodeon Maintenance workshops towards the end of Saturday afternoon alongside a Dales Tunes workshop. It would be possible to lay on a G/C session-cum-self-help-workshop alongside the Maintenance and Dales Tunes workshops, if there is sufficient demand. We wouldn't be able to provide a tutor for this, but people could play tunes together and share their experience/expertise of playing G/C instruments. Would that be acceptable to G/C players who are thinking of attending?

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2017, 11:32:08 PM »

I'm not sure there's any real difference in 'expertise' in playing a GC box  - despite it being a bit more prone to cross rowing. It might be better to suggest a repertoire than a skill set. I had to buy a DG box to attend Witney, so I don't think it's too unreasonable to have a specific GC workshop.
Well done again for taking the lead in this.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Phil Howard

• Regular debater
    • Red Cuthbert Morris
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2017, 07:25:59 AM »

Thanks Bob, that sounds like it could be a fun and relaxed way of doing it - and it's certainly not unreasonable to prioritise the main programme to be as widely accessible as possible.

Any feel for roughly how many G/C-ers said they were likely to attend?

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2017, 05:07:43 PM »

I've heard from about half a dozen G/C players so far, but some of them might prefer to attend the Melodeon Maintenance workshop or the Dales Tunes workshop. I won't get a clear idea until I receive people's application forms from January onwards.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2017, 06:38:14 PM »

STOP PRESS: Our website is now live! The URL is www.melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk
The information on there includes the provisional programme, an accommodation list and ability levels but please bear in mind that it is still under construction, so not all of the information is there yet.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »

We now have a flyer too, which will be distributed at various festivals, etc. over the next few weeks.
Contact me by PM if you would like a higher resolution version, suitable for printing at A5 or A4 size.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2017, 09:23:08 PM »

Hi Steve. I'm happy to distribute the flyer at Shrewsbury FF. You would need to post copies to me by 16 July or email the fine resolution version. Nigel

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 09:24:51 PM »

Hi Steve. I'm happy to distribute the flyer at Shrewsbury FF. You would need to post copies to me by 16 July or email the fine resolution version. Nigel
PM sent
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2017, 11:18:22 PM »

After further thought, we have decided to bring forward the date on which bookings will open for Melodeons in Wensleydale from 1 January to 1 November. Details of what each tutor will be offering will appear before bookings open, so that people can make an informed choice. For up-to-date information, check our website, www.melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk or, better still, sign up for our Mailing List.

A word of advice: since Hawes is a popular holiday destination, accommodation can book up a long time in advance, so early booking of accommodation may be advisable.

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »

Will there be cheese ???

;)
Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

pikey

• Thread mod
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2017, 11:04:15 AM »

Hotel room booked , and add me to the GC player list !
Anybody for CF ?
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2017, 11:25:40 AM »

Hotel room booked , and add me to the GC player list !
Anybody for CF ?

I'm more an Bb/Eb man myself.
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »

Will there be cheese ???

;)

Of course, Pikey! You can get it directly from the cow's udder!  :D (note the cheesy emoticon)

Glad to hear that you will be coming. It's always good to have a subversive element!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:54:41 PM by Bob Ellis »

pikey

• Thread mod
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2017, 10:33:18 AM »

Would you like me to run a 'Playing Delilah' workshop ??

>:E

playandteach

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »

Why?

playandteach

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2017, 10:52:04 AM »

Why?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal