Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2018  (Read 44882 times)

Mike Carney

• In sunny Sheffield
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2018
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2018, 02:18:30 PM »

Just booked my spot at Bainbridge Ings for the camper. £25 per night with hookup for two adults and van.
Mike

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »

;D not too long now, looking forward to seeing the tunes for the workshops  :|||:  have got leave of absence  from the Morris side for the annual St. Georges Day "do"  and have turned down all band bookings for that weekend  (:)
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2018, 02:03:33 AM »

...looking forward to seeing the tunes for the workshops  :|||: ...
<tease mode>
Oh, there are some good ones!  ;)
</tease mode>
 >:E
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2018, 01:28:01 PM »

As I mentioned last month, we have received sponsorship from Outhwaites Ropemakers and we would like to use some of this money to provide bursaries for young people because the future of melodeon playing will lie in their hands. So far we have had no applications for bursaries, so, if you are under 25 or know somebody under 25 who might benefit from a bursary, please let us know. The bursaries cover 75% of the course fee and can be applied for by people who have already booked a place on the course as well as those doing so now. Further details can be found on our website: http://melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk/

The current state of play is that 68 people have booked places and half of the workshops are full. However, there are a few places left on the remaining workshops for any later-comers, but you will need to be quick!

MP3 sound files and sheet music of the tunes for each workshop will be made available via the website next month.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2018, 06:09:47 PM »

Bob
Email sent.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
    • Mel Biggs Music | Melodeon Teacher
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2018, 07:43:22 PM »

As I mentioned last month, we have received sponsorship from Outhwaites Ropemakers and we would like to use some of this money to provide bursaries for young people because the future of melodeon playing will lie in their hands. So far we have had no applications for bursaries, so, if you are under 25 or know somebody under 25 who might benefit from a bursary, please let us know. The bursaries cover 75% of the course fee and can be applied for by people who have already booked a place on the course as well as those doing so now. Further details can be found on our website: http://melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk/

The current state of play is that 68 people have booked places and half of the workshops are full. However, there are a few places left on the remaining workshops for any later-comers, but you will need to be quick!

MP3 sound files and sheet music of the tunes for each workshop will be made available via the website next month.

Great Bob! Just shared this to my Facebook page to see if any interest can be roused!
Castagnari Trilly DG and GC, Castagnari Tommy DG all by Acorn Instruments,
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

Mel Biggs Musician | Melodeon Teacher
www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

RobLowe

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »

I'm looking for a thumb-out emoticon!

Hi,  I'm travelling up to Wensleydale from Lancaster, but don't drive. I was wondering if there's anybody who might be able to give me a lift to Hawes (and/or more importantly back on Sunday after the showcase when there's no  train connections!). If anybody is either passing Lancaster or could meet me at a railway station (e.g., Kendal or Oxenholme) I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance
Rob
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:49:33 AM by RobLowe »

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2018, 01:40:31 PM »

Hi,  I'm travelling up to Wensleydale from Lancaster, but don't drive. I was wondering if there's anybody who might be able to give me a lift to Hawes (and/or more importantly back on Sunday after the showcase when there's no  train connections!). If anybody is either passing Lancaster or could meet me at a railway station (e.g., Kendal or Oxenholme) I would be very grateful.
The nearest railway station is Garsdale and there is the 'Little White Bus' service which connects with train arrivals and takes you to Hawes.
See here (scroll down): http://melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk/how-to-get-there/
and here:
http://getdown.org.uk/bus/bus/113.shtml

But I'm not sure it will help you for the return journey on Sunday, sorry.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

RobLowe

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »

Hi Steve,

Thanks - I know about the train to Garsdale, the website for the weekend is very helpful  (:) - however unfortunately the connections aren't so great (a minimum hour and  a half wait out on the Lancaster-Leeds line, and most of them two hours plus)... and there is no train aback after two on the Sunday.

Hopefully someone will be able to help (I imagine there'll be people coming up the M6, through the Lakes or stops on the Lancaster-Leeds),

Rob

Hugh Taylor

• Respected Sage
    • Band web site: http://www.tumblingtom.co.uk
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2018, 06:49:56 PM »

Rob,
I live in Arnside and going to Hawes in my campervan on the Friday, returning on the Sunday. We should be able to arrange something, though I may be carrying PA equipment as well.
Email me on jhugh.taylor@btinternet.com
Cheers
Hugh 
Castagnari Mory D/G, Castagnari Tommy D/G, Saltarelle C/F, Hohner Erika A/D
Tumbling Tom Band

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2018, 09:54:52 PM »

I'm not able to get into MIW music downloads page at the moment.  I have the dots but I haven't saved the music files yet!
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2018, 11:27:45 PM »

OK, I've got in now and saved the files. :Ph
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »

Last call for Melodeons in Wensleydale! 67 people have booked places and we look forward to welcoming them to sunny Hawes (well, we can hope!) on the weekend of 20-22 April. If you are booked on the course, you should have received the code by now to download the tunes and have started going through them. You don't need to be able to play them note-perfect before you arrive, but it will help if you have learnt them sufficiently to be able to play them through approximately.

We still have a few places available, so, if you are free that weekend and would like a weekend of high quality tuition from superb performers and teachers in a beautiful location, visit www.melodeonsinwensleydale.org.uk for further details and booking instructions.

PS. The snow has now left Wensleydale! Hurrah!
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2018, 04:45:12 PM »

Does anybody fancy an afternoon session on the Friday, if we can find a pub that doesn't mind?
Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »

I would definitely be up for that.
Steve from Wakefield

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2018, 06:35:28 PM »

Count me in, Pikey

Myra Cassar

« Reply #196 on: April 04, 2018, 07:20:32 PM »

Yes please. M

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2018, 08:00:07 PM »

:D sounds like fun  :|||:   :|glug
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

folkypete

• Good talker
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »

I'll be around then and would certainly be very interested. 

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2018, 11:57:14 PM »

I'll ask around to see if one of the local pubs is willing and report back here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal