Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catalogue of pdf resources  (Read 2530 times)

Maggie

• Regular debater
Catalogue of pdf resources
« on: June 22, 2017, 02:12:38 PM »

In one of my posts, I mentioned that I had found (in this forum) a pdf file of G/C left hand chords.  Another member has just asked me where I found this file and I tried, but was unable to attach it to my reply.

After a bit of a hunt, I found it on page 7 of teaching and learning and have passed that on.

While I was hunting, I wondered if there is a catalogue of these really useful resources.  Or if not, could we start some kind of database or list?  Obviously an awful amount of work for anyone to take on, but maybe a section where members can contribute useful resources........

Maggie :|||:

Saltarelle l'elfique 19+2 in G/C - and a wee Hohner Lilliput in D/G

La Creuse, France - the land of calm and of brillant traditional music 🎶

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Catalogue of pdf resources
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:29:35 PM »

Are you looking for something more than is on these lists http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/page,keyboard.html ?

Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Maggie

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:56:32 PM »

It's not that I am looking for anything specific, but during my wanders through posts in the forum, I have seen lots of really helpful advice on crossing bass/chords and how to play in minor keys while leaving the thirds.  There are also lots of helpful posts with advice on how chords are constructed etc.

When I mentioned in a post back in October 2016 that I had found a pdf file of left hand chord structures, this was read recently by another member who wanted to see the same file.  It probably took me about an hour to find it again for them.  I just wondered if there was a way to gather this kind of information in one place to help new players.

Maggie  :|||:
Saltarelle l'elfique 19+2 in G/C - and a wee Hohner Lilliput in D/G

La Creuse, France - the land of calm and of brillant traditional music 🎶

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »

That is very much in the nature of discussion forums.   They have many good features, but are not perfect.

Also it's often the context of useful bits of information that really makes them hit home, and that is hard to reproduce. 

If somebody volunteers ...
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Jack Campin

• Jack Campin's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 07:53:02 PM »

The Greek, Turkish and Klezmer Clarinet forum manages a vast number of uploaded files, but doesn't index them all in a very obvious way.  Their sidebar index works well for the portion it does cover.
http://www.campin.me.uk/

I can't figure out how to quit but I will no longer check this group and have deleted all shortcuts to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal