Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marc Serafini accordions  (Read 4868 times)

risto

• Respected Sage
Marc Serafini accordions
« on: December 27, 2007, 11:07:15 PM »

There is a great tremolo reference on Marc Serafini's page:

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/accordeons.serafini/sons.htm

Anyone got an idea what his instruments cost?

PS. Great links to makers on the Main page, thanks!

PPS. The Hohner URL is not working.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:13:47 PM by risto »
Paolo Soprani 5-row, Roland FR1B-digital CBA button accordion. Guitar, 5-string OT banjo, mandolin, piano...
My one man band recording: http://www.elisanet.fi/rap/Bonaparte_Crossing_The_Rhine_Risto.mp3

Howard Jones

Re: Marc Serafini accordions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »

They certainly look pretty, and from the samples on the website they sound good too.  Does anybody know what they are like to play?

rileycat

• Regular debater
Re: Marc Serafini accordions
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »

Hi Howard
I play a 3 row, 18 bass Serafini (GCF) for song stuff. I absolutely love it and rate it very highly. It's a straight 2 voice, mild tremolo with bags of control and response.  It's also very attractive, finished in darker wood with black buttons and a kind of Celtic knot type badge in marquetry but no other name or identifying marks. It has top spec. reeds and a great sound and is as well made as my Castagnari Casta. The balance of sound is good between bass and treble and the weight is easy to handle on one strap, despite the extra bass-end reeds - its a very easy player. I wouldn't go for this size for dance work, but for song its a joy.
Regards  Riley :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.