Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cats and accordions  (Read 1904 times)

Fungusface

• SAOR ALBA
  • Respected Sage
  • SAOR ALBA
Cats and accordions
« on: May 11, 2010, 08:53:27 AM »

If you wish peace, friendship, and quietness: listen and look and read

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
Re: Cats and accordions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »

It depends which box I'm playing.  A cat of discerning tastes, methinks.  She runs off if I play the Lilly (probably something to do with the temper of the tuning), ignores most other types but when she got lost she found her way home whilst I was playing an old Club.  Mind you, she immediately jumped on my lap and pushed the box aside!

Rob.

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »

My wifes outlaws visited over Christmas with their youngish Labradoodle , during discussions it was mentioned that he howled along with their daughter who was learning the harmonica, obviously an experiment was needed so out came the box and a few tunes later I was begged to stop as he was getting so loud and excited they anticipated an 'accident' - strange as none of our three cats takes any notice at all.
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

Guy

• Not quite enough melodeons....
    • Cats Claw
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »

My former dog, an exuberant black Labrador, used to join in with the melodeon, but only when the tune went into a minor. Her favourite was "Jump At The Sun"...5 notes and she was in full voice. We were once ejected from a supposedly "dog-friendly" hotel in the Borders as a result. The cats are more sensitive-as soon as they hear the breather button, and before a note is played, they're out of their comfortable warm cubby hole above the Aga and out of the back door....

Cheers,
Guy
Guy, in South Wales

Cats Claw, http://www.cats-claw.co.uk

Québécois

• Accordez-vous donc, c'est si beau, l'accordéon!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 02:47:51 PM »

Many animals react to some sounds. We have birds at home and the two finches and the budgie are particularly sensitive to high-pitched notes. Fun part is, the finches start singing, then the budgie imitates them!
Hohner Morgane D/G, pre-Erica Hohner in C/F and G/C,
Hohner Erica A/D, Roland FR-18

BCC#er

• Regular debater
  • Old Hohners rule!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »

My cat usually comes to the room where I play and goes to sleep (:) He doesn't care the instrument. Perfect musician's pet ;D
Several Hohners and B. Gaillard B/C

Christopher K.

• Content Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »

My cats are fine with the box and guitar but hate the harmonica. They are flushed out of hiding and begin biting my legs every time I pick it up. I switched to a double-sided Hohner Echo in two keys and still have the same problem. Now I keep the harps in the car for 'getting my diatonic on' while waiting in the parking lot or idling in line at the bank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal