Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Fratelli Luigi, Armonica Italiano, Stradella" - by Gebr. Ludwig, Klingenthal  (Read 1490 times)

triskel

I rather like this fake Italian model (ending soon on eBay), which fits right into a pattern of US importers using fake Italian brand names (like "Milano Organetto") on German-made accordions, and Klingenthal makers "Italianising" their names (so that, for example "G. A. Schlott & Sohne" became "Galotta")...

It's badged as being by "Fratelli Luigi, Stradella" - when the only links with Stradella are its "Stradella corners" on the wooden frames of the ends. (Unless, that is, Stradella has acquired a little-known suburb called Zwota? ??? )

The major clue to its real identity is in the "Pine Tree" badges of the Zwota, Klingenthal makers Gebrüder Ludwig = Fratelli Luigi = Louis Brothers.

I daren't buy it though - I've already bought two very promising "projects" in the past month or so, and a "scrapper" to help fix a third one, the M.A.D. is getting out of hand again... :o

It's a nice shade of green though! 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal