Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sidmouth melnet meeting 2017  (Read 1152 times)

doctordoom

Re: Sidmouth melnet meeting 2017
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 08:19:28 PM »

It was great to meet you again Bob and attend your workshop s and steady tunes sessions, you are an inspiration to us melodeon novices,  delighted to meet Les, chuffed to be able to start a tune someone else requested but couldn't start ! (Newcastle)
Thank you for all the preparation you put into your workshop s.
Looking forward to next year,  John.  (Castagnari Lily,  failed Caddam Wood and Wakefield Hunt requester !)
Beginner, (absolute deleted after 2 years!)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »

It was good to meet you, Les and John (and others), and I am glad you enjoyed the workshops and sessions. It was also good to see some melnetters in the Loose Knit Band sessions in the Rugby Club, which I thought were better than ever this year. It was a shame that we couldn't find a more convenient time for the Melnet get-together. A few people dropped in for a chat hear and there, so thank you to those people for coming. Perhaps we'll be able to arrange something convenient for more people next year.

Penny and I had to dash off earlier than intended, leaving on Friday morning rather than Saturday because Penny was feeling unwell. Sorry that we didn't manage to say goodbye to some of our friends. Three miles out of Sidmouth we received a phone call to say that Penny's mother had been knocked over by a car and was in the James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough. Of course, when you are trying to get somewhere quickly, you meet every traffic delay imaginable and so it proved in this case. The journey took eleven hours rather than the usual six and a half hours!

The good news is that Penny's mother is in no danger, but she will have to stay in hospital for a few more days.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, Acadian one-row in D; Junior Martin one-row in C.

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 10:54:24 AM »

It was good to meet you, Les and John (and others), and I am glad you enjoyed the workshops and sessions. It was also good to see some melnetters in the Loose Knit Band sessions in the Rugby Club, which I thought were better than ever this year. It was a shame that we couldn't find a more convenient time for the Melnet get-together. A few people dropped in for a chat hear and there, so thank you to those people for coming. Perhaps we'll be able to arrange something convenient for more people next year.

Penny and I had to dash off earlier than intended, leaving on Friday morning rather than Saturday because Penny was feeling unwell. Sorry that we didn't manage to say goodbye to some of our friends. Three miles out of Sidmouth we received a phone call to say that Penny's mother had been knocked over by a car and was in the James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough. Of course, when you are trying to get somewhere quickly, you meet every traffic delay imaginable and so it proved in this case. The journey took eleven hours rather than the usual six and a half hours!

The good news is that Penny's mother is in no danger, but she will have to stay in hospital for a few more days.

Thanks Bob.  Sorry to hear your news.  I hope Penny and her mother are soon better.  Blimey - I thought 8 hours back to Essex was bad enough!  Looking forward to meeting you again. All the best!
So many boxes, so little time!

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 10:58:21 AM »

It was great to meet you again Bob and attend your workshop s and steady tunes sessions, you are an inspiration to us melodeon novices,  delighted to meet Les, chuffed to be able to start a tune someone else requested but couldn't start ! (Newcastle)
Thank you for all the preparation you put into your workshop s.
Looking forward to next year,  John.  (Castagnari Lily,  failed Caddam Wood and Wakefield Hunt requester !)
Hi John,

Nice to meet you too.

It was funny - I had quite a week of people staring at me and then coming over and saying "Are you Daddy Long Les?".  Lovely to meet so many melnetters and YouTubers face to face.
So many boxes, so little time!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.