Discussions > Other Free Reed Instruments

Southern England Chromatic Button Accordion rally Sat 7 Oct 2017 near Didcot CBA

(1/1)

TomB-R:
Hi folks
I'm organising a "Southern England Chromatic Button Accordion Rally" - the idea of a rally being a time and a place for people with a shared interest to meet rather than a more formal event like a festival.

Anyone with an interest in Chromatic Button Accordions CBA is welcome, you don't have to play the system, or even to have ever met one in person!  (B/C/C# instruments are also included at George Garside's request!)

(Just to be clear, I'm talking about the instruments also known as "Continental Chromatics," which have unisonoric treble end with three, four or five columns of buttons and have Stradella bass. Never that common in the UK, Jimmy Shand Junior is probably one of the most famous players here. Sir Jimmy senior played B/C/C# of course)

The plan is:-
- Saturday 7th October 2017
- Near Didcot in south Oxfordshire - close to the A34 for north/south access and M4 for east/west
- Get together in the hall from mid-morning onward, bringing instruments to show, compare, try out etc.
- Bring any instruments for sale, may be possible to get some other instruments specifically for sale there.
- Anyone thinking of swapping to CBA from any other free reed, or starting from scratch would be welcome.
- "Ploughmans" type lunch organised (by me.)
- After lunch "show and tell," encouraging as many as possible to play a tune, share things of interest, ask opinions, etc.
- Maybe find a tune or some music to have a massed play.
- Ends late afternoon.
- Cost will be minimal £5 or £10 a head.

"Rallies" in the world of old motorbikes have been described as "ride two hundred miles, stand about in a field talking bikes, ride two hundred miles home!"

If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll send the full details nearer the time.
Tom

TomB-R:
Just confirming this event is going ahead. Saturday 7th October, 10.30am onwards in Steventon, near Didcot, Oxforshire.
More info on the PDF attached or drop me a line via PM or to secbar96@outlook.com
Cheers, Tom

JonathanC:
Thanks Tom.

I'll be there!

Cheers
Jonathan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version