Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: possible Whitby week B&B Tues-Friday 22-25 August  (Read 987 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
possible Whitby week B&B Tues-Friday 22-25 August
« on: August 14, 2017, 04:47:21 AM »

I was planning to join Whitby on the Tuesday as will be leaving here (Isère) on the Saturday. Awkwardly I've broken a bone in bass of spine and … cannot sit in any comfort :( which is essentially what sessioning is about? No, it wasn't "skiing" ::)

Reluctantly I have cancelled my double room at Sunnyvale B&B (John St) so it should be available for the final 4 nights; Someone else has the room for the Regatta weekend. The place is excellent.

Phone = 01947 820389 if anyone wants to take advantage. It will likely go on the Tourist Info list today, monday.
  _       _    _      _ 

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
Re: possible Whitby week B&B Tues-Friday 22-25 August
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:09:23 AM »

I was planning to join Whitby on the Tuesday as will be leaving here (Isère) on the Saturday. Awkwardly I've broken a bone in bass of spine and … cannot sit in any comfort :( which is essentially what sessioning is about? No, it wasn't "skiing" ::)

Reluctantly I have cancelled my double room at Sunnyvale B&B (John St) so it should be available for the final 4 nights; Someone else has the room for the Regatta weekend. The place is excellent.

Phone = 01947 820389 if anyone wants to take advantage. It will likely go on the Tourist Info list today, monday.

Chris - very sorry to hear about your accident.  Hope it sorts itself out quickly and you can get back to sitting down (and playing)! Cheers  Brian
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »

Sorry to hear of your accident, Chris. Get well soon.

Is there some inherent danger in playing the melodeon about which we should all be warned?
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 08:05:41 PM »

Not at all. I didn't fall. Therein the problem (though it feels just the same). Need "tests"  :(

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:50:40 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal