Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Horner Club compared to Hohner Amatona  (Read 1163 times)

davidd

Horner Club compared to Hohner Amatona
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:31:26 AM »

Well, I appear to have my Hohner Amatona problem sorted.  I managed to sell it  for what I had in it so I am good to go.  But now I really want to have one, in the right key!  They are a bit hard to find though.  So I was looking at the Hohner Club models that seem to have quite a resemblance to the Amatona.  Does anyone know how they compare in size, weight, quality of construction?  I loved how the Amatona played, took just a bit of air to get it going, fast action, etc.  It felt as though I had to barely move the bellows to play.   Would a well set up Club be similar?  Also if anyone who has a spare Amatona could let me know that would be great. Thanks.

triskel

Re: Horner Club compared to Hohner Amatona
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »

... Bell's catalogue ... gives the weight of the Amatona IV as 11 1/4 lbs, and the III as 10 7/8 lbs.

I've never had them all side-by-side for comparison, but Bell's cataloque lists the Club III M at 12 1/8 lbs.

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
Re: Horner Club compared to Hohner Amatona
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »

I actually have a Club IV and upon reading your description my bellows are quiet loosen and need more air than Corso/Corona perhaps new gaskets are needed to make it tighter but for me this is good.

Not sure if I'm the only one to witness the running out air quick on clubs ...

From what I saw in one of Greg bellinger's videos clubs have a lot of reeds plates which suck out air quickly.

My local repairer also got rid of his Club due to the lack of air to play his Texan/Norteño styles..
Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal