Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SoundCloud  (Read 893 times)

syale

• The Terrier
  • When will this MADness stop?
SoundCloud
« on: August 12, 2017, 04:02:03 AM »

Soundcloud survives money scare - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40907724

Stephen
HA114 C/G/A/D, 2915 G/C. Liliput, Club IIB C/F Dino Baffetti Modell 22 B Twitter: @syale

robotmay

Re: SoundCloud
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 08:33:58 AM »

Yeah there's quite a lot about them going around the tech circles at the moment. They just laid off 175 people last month, which sucks, but I'm hardly surprised; they've been going in the wrong direction for a while now. The new CEO/COO will hopefully steer it back to its original target of being a place for people making recordings in their bedrooms, rather than trying to compete with Spotify. Both of the new CEO and COO are from Vimeo, which successfully targets a small demographic, so it'll be interesting to see if they can save SoundCloud in a similar manner.

SoundCloud is a pretty big part of the Berlin tech scene, so I'm hoping that their problems don't cause that to suffer. One of my co-workers is in Berlin and it seems like a really cool place to be a programmer (:)

There must be loads of parts to SoundCloud that I don't understand, however, as the platform is largely pretty simple in concept; they really shouldn't need that many developers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal