Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted: complete Wooden casework without reeds or mecs  (Read 207 times)

mr hohner

• Regular debater
  • K.BLAND Melodeons
Wanted: complete Wooden casework without reeds or mecs
« on: August 12, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »

Looking for a complete wooden casework for a project without the reeds or mecs, if anyone has one please let me know,

Cheers
Mr hohner
Castagnari Studio D/G, Serenelli D/G, Hohner Pokerwork D/G, Castagnari Lilly D/G

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Re: Wanted: complete Wooden casework without reeds or mecs
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:24:29 PM »

Your best bet is probably to obtain a "heap" with a body in reasonable condition and strip it to what you need to start off with, but I look forward to being told how wrong I am!
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Lars

Re: Wanted: complete Wooden casework without reeds or mecs
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:35:16 PM »

Yes, wrong ;)

I think I'd be able to dig out a Hohner body somewhere - pretty well worn and some wormholes present, but it should be there, including bellows with rather rusty corners. The mechanism and blocks are not present, so it's basically just the casework.

Yours for actual shipping cost from Denmark, but you might be looking for something closer to keep costs down. I could find some reedblocks, but would ask for a small price for these.

PM if interested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.