Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fingers around the air lever (BCC#)  (Read 1242 times)

HallelujahAl

Fingers around the air lever (BCC#)
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »

Hi on my Hohner Echo III BCC# the air lever is quite long and I'm finding that it gets in the way particularly when playing in E  or B major, as I'm trying get my fingers onto A, E, & B chords as well as straddle the air lever. Does anyone have any tips as to how they got around this problem? The pic shows the A row of buttons about equal with the bottom of the air lever, and obviously the E & B rows are above that. I don't have a particularly large hand - but feel that there must be some way around this problem?
AL

george garside

Re: Fingers around the air lever (BCC#)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »

depends on the position of air bar & flexibility of thumb, also on whether the bar goes in & out at both ends (i.e. stays parallel with the end of the box) or is hinged at the top end. I much prefer the latter but both my 3 row boxes have the latter & yours looks like the hinged veriety.  When playing up at chin end of the bass I   use  the side of the thumb near the palm of the hand on the air bar - It doesn't have to be the tip of the thumb, just use wnbatever you can bring to bear . The problem with the hinged air bar is that it requires more pressure (and less movement) at the hinged end whereas the 'parallel' bar has the same feel along its length.

george 
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".    Available on ebay as a 'buy now' item. Put in melodeon tutor book for full info.  Melodeon DG & BC and piano accordion tuition
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal