Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pancotti macerat accordion for spare parts ?  (Read 2423 times)

Garry Probert

• Respected Sage
pancotti macerat accordion for spare parts ?
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:01:23 PM »

Hi guys visited a boot fair today always on the lookout came across this rather swanky looking  pancotti macerata accordion f £20 missing a few key covers but lots of aluminium frame reeds in surprisingly clean condition but the thing weighs a ton.
Wonder if anyone has any info on the date and make as google doesn't seem to have a lot of info on them, dont think its a  rare instrument and i bought it just for the reeds but didn't want to strip it if its "interesting"
thanks

Garry Probert

• Respected Sage
Re: pancotti macerat accordion for spare parts ?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:58:32 PM »

Hi guys lots of views and ,no .............don't do it" lol

So assuming it's just an old italian workhorse I can happily cannibalize for the reeds without my inherent vintage instrument guilt creeping in.

Malcolm Clapp

• Loving my Hohner-reeded wet MMM CastaTommy
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 02:15:47 AM »

Imo, cannibalize away without guilt >:E

The cost of restoration will almost certainly exceed its value as a playing instrument, and it isn't a model that has much interest to collectors.
However, Pancotti are reputed to have made some interesting melodeons, if you ever come across one....

Not only a decent number of reeds to play with, but suggest you also put aside the bellows pins which may come in handy, plus a supply of small screws which you might find useful for other projects.
Tuner/repairer, now retired, but still playing! Happy to offer advice on repairs etc., and might be persuaded to undertake the odd emergency job for local and longtime  customers. Selling a few melodeons from my collection currently....

Mike-T

• Good talker
  • 1930s Hohner B C C#, D/GAcc Benny, 2.5 Beltuna
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 08:59:05 AM »

Plus a set of bellows to make a tuning table with  (:)

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 09:32:17 AM »

A spare base button can come in handy as Hohner air button,  and that cream pearloid might be useful if you need to repair damage on another box.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Garry Probert

• Respected Sage
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 11:13:20 AM »

Thanks guys ,something very satisfying dismantling and putting all the little screws into pots along with springs etc
Hadn't really noticed the straps applied me lord sheringham came up great

I really dont need the parts but its just nice to have then just in case. thanks for the info I will save all the suggested bits I was a little disappointed they were not zinc reeds but the few i've tried sound great, they have a little line across the corner no idea what that denotes or how old the PA is but it must have been stored well, as no rust just floppy valves.

I also bought an awesome pair of Ron marks 60s water ski,s .....................just couldn't resist them 
shelving,wine rack no idea what to do with them and i,m trying to declutter lol     

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »

The line across the corner is on virtually all Italian reeds and shows which side is the top.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Garry Probert

• Respected Sage
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 07:33:44 PM »

Hi theo
The line across the corner is on virtually all Italian reeds and shows which side is the top.
thanks for the info ,they look hand scribed and a few reeds have two lines?i,m just guessing the PA is 30s/40s from the look but i,m intrigued as its actual age as the inside is incredibly clean and it also has an aluminium soundboard this is probably standard
but i've only had a couple of old PAs so thought it unusual.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 10:51:16 PM »

Sometimes the number of lines on the corner is to identify which bank of reeds they belong to.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

triskel

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 12:11:57 AM »

i,m just guessing the PA is 30s/40s from the look but i,m intrigued as its actual age as the inside is incredibly clean and it also has an aluminium soundboard this is probably standard
but i've only had a couple of old PAs so thought it unusual.

The shape of the keyboard ends is very Art Deco in style (think 1930's cinemas!), and not a design you'd see too often on an accordion. Art Deco ends, usually in a simpler and more angular design, seem to have been fashionable around 1936-7 whilst, by late 1937, the new 1938 Italian models were already starting to get streamlined. By the end of the 1930's/beginning of the 1940s they were already fully streamlined.

Many of the best 1930's accordions had aluminium soundboards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal