Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stopped the traffic today  (Read 1105 times)

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Stopped the traffic today
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:19:07 PM »

In an attempt to play as privately as possible I got on my bike in Messanges which is a surfy town in the southwest of France. I found a deserted bench near a barren petanques pitch with houses boarded up. After about 20 minutes I sensed a car stop and 3 surfy girls in their 20s asked if they could listen while they smoked. Oblivious that any other cars,  though rare,  couldn't get past them. Of course I played worse while they listened. Another family stopped for a while then it all seeped away to just me in the dust.
My fingers literally dried up, like a dry nervous mouth. Maybe it's a step forward.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:21:14 PM by playandteach »
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Grape Ape

Re: Stopped the traffic today
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:52:23 PM »

While they smoked what?? 
What a great story, sorry it ended tragically.  The same thing happens to me when I try to record.  As for playing infrint of strangers, I too find my fingers go straight and refuse to do what they are told or normally just do on their own.

playandteach

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 10:26:12 PM »

Can only say that it was a roll your own. Not so tragic, the playing just got stiff and uncoordinated, not an absolute horror. All French deserted me too, even though I'd been speaking all week. The girls were sweet and at least they stopped and heard some before I'd noticed them.

Grape Ape

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 10:50:31 PM »

If the girls were attractive no further explanation required-  been like that around pretty girls since before I knew why....

Although during a year spent in Bordeaux I did once have to convince a rather pretty young lady that i was not a French guy  pretending to be an American- been 20 years since and my French is not so convincing these days...

I keep promising myself that I will try busking soon-  just one of the nearby smallish towns- last summer, this summer, starting to look like next summer....

playandteach

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »

I did immediately tell my wife and daughter. My daughter (15) guffawed. That's the only word for it. I wouldn't have had to go so far in the first place if I wasn't so embarrassing. I can get my own back, I teach her friends.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal