Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: First attempt at box fettling  (Read 1560 times)

RogerT

• can't walk past a box w'out picking it up...
    • Jolly Roger Accordions
Re: First attempt at box fettling
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2017, 04:14:46 AM »

It's ok though if you use wax instead of glue...(:)

invadm

• Respected Sage
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2017, 03:45:38 PM »

I don't know how to measure bellows, so I am baffled, but these seem to be the same size as my old bellows. So does anyone think they's fit?

Sir John

http://www.cgmmusical.co.uk/CGM_Musical_Services/Bellows_Tape.html#15
how far did you go with the bellows sir John? I have 2 extra of this bellows-new never used-( and they will fit on the the Koch)  and plenty of book binding cloth if you want to re-tape your old one- if you like the colour I have that is of course - I've used on 2 Koch's & they all look good. PM me if if you like.   

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Never too old to learn
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »

Well I have exchanged emails with Igor, but I have not actually posted them to him. When you say you have same bellows, does that include covered frames etc?

SJ
I used to play by ear, but got into dire trouble.
Diarrhoea !

: Liliputs C/F, D/G : Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner A/D : Hohner Club II (De-clubbed) D/G : Hagstrom G/C: Hohner Corona IIIR G/C/F :Preciosa Bb/Eb. Hohner 384 1930's Varnished wood G/C

invadm

• Respected Sage
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2017, 10:21:51 PM »

I have same bellows as what Charlie offers for sale,  not the original Koch with wide frame.
the one with white stripes,it's not the same quality a bit stiff but cheap £50 :)  Igor's make much better ones have to say.
is your original bellow realy bad that can not be fixed or are you not up for the job?

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Never too old to learn
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2017, 09:43:22 AM »

Those are a different fit frame to the Koch I have.
The existing bellows are worn down past the binding, and the card is worn in consequence, they are split where they join the frames, and there is at least one metal corner missing, and another taped up with masking tape.

Sir John
I used to play by ear, but got into dire trouble.
Diarrhoea !

: Liliputs C/F, D/G : Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner A/D : Hohner Club II (De-clubbed) D/G : Hagstrom G/C: Hohner Corona IIIR G/C/F :Preciosa Bb/Eb. Hohner 384 1930's Varnished wood G/C

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »

John the only bellows frames you can buy new and that will fit are Hohner.  If your existing frames are not damaged you just cut them off the old bellows, clean up and glue them onto the new.  It's not difficult.  You need a board and a heavy weight to clamp while the glue dries.
Theo Gibb

Day job: The Box Place. Follow me on Twitter and please like my Facebook page
Night job: Sunniside Up! Ceilidh Band

invadm

• Respected Sage
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 11:27:33 AM »

you will have to use your old frame regardless sir John,even if you buy a new set you still use the old frame.If the diamond gaskets on the folds are OK not not leaking rest of the bellow can be saved and new tape a few corners will bring it back to good shape for many more years.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.