Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass Button Plinth.  (Read 1877 times)

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
Bass Button Plinth.
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »

Does anyone have a spare one of the Wooden Plinths that supports the inner row of Bass buttons on a Pokerwork, I have a pokerwork on which I removed said item to clean up and repaint it, and then lost it !!!     My own fault I know,....I,m willing to pay for it, even the ever helpful Charlie Marshall doesn't seem to have these.
From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,

squeezy

• Quick starter (now lagging behind)
  • Hohner Cornelia (mixte D/G/o&s)
    • www.johnspiers.co.uk
Re: Bass Button Plinth.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:39:08 PM »

I don't know the proper answer to your question ... but isn't it just a bit of wood the right size with some holes drilled in it?  Maybe sanded down and painted black if you're fussy about how faithful the reproduction is.

The long and short of it is I doubt you'll be able to buy the right spare part ... but I have no doubt in your ability to make a replacement.
Squeezy

Sometimes wrong, sometimes right ... but always certain!

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 10:55:47 PM »

Your absolutely Right Squeezy !! it is just that, !!  I,m sureI can make one if needed ,but I just thought that someone might have a spare one lying around to save me a bit of time and effort..... sheer laziness on my part I,m afraid :-\ :-\ I shall make my own !!!
From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »

I think I have one somewhere.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 11:37:02 PM »

You could buy one of those pokerworks from eBay for parts and just use it for that 😂

If you are anything like me you'd end up trying to fix the broken one ..
Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 09:29:07 AM »

I think I have one somewhere.

Many thanks Theo, ..but I'm making my own, !! I've found a nice little bit of Maple offcut from a guitar Fingerboard I made a while back, -just the right size. 

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 10:06:03 AM »

You will get more satisfaction from making your own!
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 10:33:10 AM »

Sorry about this folks, but I keep hearing a song from Snow White, as I read this post.
Some day my Plinth Will Come ♫♪

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »

Sorry? And so you should be, Sir John. A more fitting song might have been Hi.....Hoooooooo, as the venerable Mr Piper realised that his woodworking classes at school had not been in vain after all.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »

Sorry? And so you should be, Sir John. A more fitting song might have been Hi.....Hoooooooo, as the venerable Mr Piper realised that his woodworking classes at school had not been in vain after all.

Edward,  there is much that I might have learned that I didn't if I had been more attentive at school !! but Woodworking skills  would not have been one, I remember the woodwork Teacher who was also the Physics and R.E teacher, a man of somewhat advanced years and short of sight demonstrating the use of the electric Pillar Drill ( an Ancient and totally unguarded Machine ) by bringing the rotating bit down firmly down on the end of his thumb and severely mangling skin,bone and nail and having to be rushed to hospital.
I have now made a perfect replacement for the lost item in Maple, It looks and fits a treat, in fact better than the original black painted one !!  and I have enjoyed doing it. !!!

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 07:19:33 PM »

Henry
Take the original to the local upholstery guy.

I'm sure he can make you one cheap !

Just don't loose it in the way. Or else have him do 4 just in case :()
Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 10:27:20 PM »

Henry
Take the original to the local upholstery guy.

I'm sure he can make you one cheap !

Just don't loose it in the way. Or else have him do 4 just in case :()

Mario,. the reason for needing a replacement was that I lost The original !!!   anyway the problem is now solved, (see my last post )
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal