Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cows love melodeons  (Read 2116 times)

Tamba

• Respected Sage
  • Busilacchio
Cows love melodeons
« on: September 08, 2017, 09:38:37 AM »

As if she isn't popular enough, Sharon has mooved on to a new audience. Aside from the cows reaction I love this video also because you get to hear Sharon playing unaccompanied, doesn't happen often, and you can hear just how remarkable her playing is. On what has been a somber week for me this brought a smile to my face and I hope it does to you,
 :||: Tim

https://youtu.be/MKekOpNJhaU

Steve Coombes

• Good talker
Re: Cows love melodeons
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 10:58:19 AM »

Very interesting the exact same thing happened to me while practicing in a field. I didn't notice until I'd finished, there were only 7 cows but they had formed a perfect semicircle in front of me. What a shock and delight but it's only right that Sharon drew the bigger herd!
Steve   
Tommy D/G

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »

Absolutely fabulous. Cows do like music. A farmer friend of mine always played what he called the cow disco when milking. He said it kept them happy and increased the milk yield .
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 11:05:54 AM »

She's a vegan, so they know they're safe

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »

I've known several dairy farmers, all play music in the byre.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 11:58:42 AM »

Years ago I was struggling with Duet concertina, and would play whilst girlfriend was out riding her horse.
I'd sit outside the stable and the flock of sheep would startle and then run through the gate into the other field.
A while later, after engrossed in said instrument, I looked up to find them grazing happily just feet from me.
Music? or simply the fact I was ignoring them, which is the best way to get your horse back in the stable.
Don't chase it, sit down on the grass in the field and look at your lap and curiosity will prevail!
but I digress.....
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Mike Carney

• In sunny Sheffield
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »

While it is lovely to watch it is not that surprising. Cows are known for being very curious creatures. And when you bear in mind the history of the cow calling from certain Scandinavian countries, whereby the herder kept contact with her cows over a big range by her song...
Maybe one reason we are so delighted, apart form the fab playin, is the misinformation that is often posted, and doctored, about melodeons scaring children or animals!
M

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 02:14:49 PM »

If my cat wants a fuss, he'll regularly interrupt my playing, headbutts me, jumps up beside me if sat on the piano stool, ducking the bass end as it moves and has been known to jump on my shoulders.
The sound seems to make no difference to him.
Just as well at some of my playing  ::)
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 07:58:19 PM »

Just caught up on the video ( work filters such things I'm afraid).
Yes it really is great. A video that brings a smile. Perfect!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

Pearse Rossa

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 09:24:04 PM »

As if she isn't popular enough, Sharon has mooved on to a new audience.

She's milking it, but make no mi-steak about it, it's moo-sic to my ears!

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 07:13:17 AM »

I'm not sure whether my late dogs liked melodeon or not. When I played they would sit up like Wolves and a big moon and howl. Pain or pleasure I shall never know
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 08:22:13 AM »

My next door neighbour has a Jack Russel called Maud.
If I sit outside and play she howls much to the amusement of her owner ......in D, so I get almost a drone!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »

Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »

Joggers sometimes behave in a very similar fashion. I was exercising my fingers [on my melodeon] at a remote Sheffield beauty [spot], a few weeks ago. Gazing in wonder at the spectacular view [of the Derbyshire scenery]. When I finished and turned round, there was a herd of them arranged in an appreciative semicircle. They gave me a round of applause before they ran off in different directions.

Edited to clarify the answers to the missing word round. I think I prefer the original.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:48:31 AM by Tone Dumb Greg »
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Steve Coombes

• Good talker
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 02:06:50 PM »

My guinea pigs all run away when I start to practice :||:
Tommy D/G

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »

Joggers sometimes behave in a very similar fashion. I was exercising my fingers at a remote Sheffield beauty, afew weeks ago. Gazing in wonder at the spectacular view. When I finished and turned round, there was a herd of them arranged in an appreciative semicircle. They gave me a round of applause before they ran off in different directions.
There are probably some good innuendos in this post and I'm trying not to go there.  I sense that Theo will be sending this topic to the bin anytime now!

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 06:37:37 PM »

I think that we (Northern lads) might be more easily shocked than our Southern counterparts, Nigel!
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 09:49:13 PM »

I think that we (Northern lads) might be more easily shocked than our Southern counterparts, Nigel!
Soft Northerners! Stop baiting Edward or we'll both be put in the bin.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:06 PM »

Joggers sometimes behave in a very similar fashion. I was exercising my fingers at a remote Sheffield beauty, afew weeks ago. Gazing in wonder at the spectacular view. When I finished and turned round, there was a herd of them arranged in an appreciative semicircle. They gave me a round of applause before they ran off in different directions.
There are probably some good innuendos in this post and I'm trying not to go there.  I sense that Theo will be sending this topic to the bin anytime now!

It's the missing words round
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal