Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon playing and what other things do you like to do?  (Read 33728 times)

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
Re: Melodeon playing and what other things do you like to do?
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »

Think you mean ... eggcited?!
(:)
I think your right!

Eggxit stage nest! (:)
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

melodeon

« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2018, 04:57:36 AM »

Update on what I do with my "spare" time:

jjhildrethstudios.com

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2018, 08:52:29 AM »

And my update is that I've been cycling again after many years of thinking that knees and hips and carpal tunnel issues had stopped me. Found a good fit with a road bike and have lost 45lbs in 6 months. Loads of health benefits but same issue with N+1 as MAD.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2018, 10:27:53 AM »

And my update is that I've been cycling again after many years of thinking that knees and hips and carpal tunnel issues had stopped me. Found a good fit with a road bike and have lost 45lbs in 6 months. Loads of health benefits but same issue with N+1 as MAD.

Me too, 500 miles in the first 4 weeks since dusting off my road bike. Stopped buying bikes but there is so much stuff available I can always find something to buy (:)

Gary P Chapin

• L'Accordéonaire
  • We are all the Free Reed Liberation Orchestra
    • l'Accordéonaire
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2018, 09:07:22 PM »

Update on what I do with my "spare" time:

jjhildrethstudios.com

That is some beautiful work. You would do very well here in central Maine (my home). We love this sort of thing.
Read the l'Accordéonaire French music blog: http://accordeonaire.com/
The Bal Folk Tune Book Project: https://accordeonaire.com/bal-folk-tune-book-project/
The Free Reed Liberation Orchestra: https://accordeonaire.com/the-free-reed-liberation-orchestra/

Jesse Smith

• Buffalo, NY, USA
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2018, 03:13:02 AM »

So many cycling melodeonists! I am actually in the N+1 phase right now, waiting for a frame to ship so I can put it together. I enjoy long-distance countryside riding - metric centuries, etc., usually just informally but sometimes in organized events. Last autumn I did a 200km brevet. We call it randonneuring in the States, I think in the UK it's called audax. So my new bike is meant to be optimized for this kind of all day riding.
Hohner Pokerwork D/G (x2!), Hohner one row four stops in D and C, Hohner Presswood C/F.

Gary P Chapin

• L'Accordéonaire
  • We are all the Free Reed Liberation Orchestra
    • l'Accordéonaire
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2018, 02:50:50 AM »

So many cycling melodeonists!

I just got a bike, being delivered tomorrow. I realized that my lower extremities will never be pain free enough to do the impact stuff I did when younger. Hoping this can fill that void and get me feeling better.
Read the l'Accordéonaire French music blog: http://accordeonaire.com/
The Bal Folk Tune Book Project: https://accordeonaire.com/bal-folk-tune-book-project/
The Free Reed Liberation Orchestra: https://accordeonaire.com/the-free-reed-liberation-orchestra/

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2018, 09:58:29 AM »

After several years of limited mobility due to arthritis, I can once again get on (and more importantly off) my bike and plan to combine the activities by cycling to Morris practice  ;D
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2018, 10:23:55 AM »

I have found both cycling and morris dancing to be pretty punishing on knees. That combined with downhill skiing means mine are pretty creaky these days. Maybe it's time for me to get back in shape - I occasionally play my Giordy and do border morris step hop at the same time and afterwards I regret it.
French and Breton dance involves so much less stress on the joints, but perhaps not enough cardio (though we'll see in a while at this afternoons dance with Snaarmaarwaar... - off topic but what a great band in spite of being only strings... )

J
Old Bones Dance Band
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal