Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: La Maison de L'Accordeon  (Read 2439 times)

melodeon

La Maison de L'Accordeon
« on: October 11, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »

Has anyone else had trouble getting their web site to come up ?

This has been the case for at least 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Jeff

arty

Re: La Maison de L'Accordeon
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:15:55 PM »

I have had the same problem. In fact, at the end of July, I emailed them to see if they were still there, as I wanted to visit them with a view to buying a new instrument. I have never had a reply - but I guess Peter at Acorn Instruments is rather pleased, because it turned out that he had exactly what I wanted!  (:)
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

melodeon

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:21:58 PM »

Doesn't sound good.

Pete wins !!

I was looking for their Castagnari schematics they have available.

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:06:16 PM »

There was an earlier thread IIRC but a quick web search shows them as being in "liquidation judiciaire" from July 5th, which sounds a bit terminal.
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

melodeon

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:01:38 AM »

Ouch !!
Too bad.

Hope they can pull out of it.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:22:00 PM »

Tme to watch out for "closing down sale" bargains?

But yes, a sad loss. They were a good vendor, if a bit expensive
  _       _    _      _ 

Graham W

• Respected Sage
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »

The proprietor, Jean-Pierre Leray,  is still very much in business now trading as Fisart France with a stall that travels to festivals, fairs, expositions etc as well as a regular exposition in Paris every 6 weeks.
Apparently still very involved with Castagnari.

Having brought two instruments from La Maison over the years I have to say that my experience was that their customer service, efficiency and standard of tuning and preparation, and price,  were absolutely superb on each occasion, and very definately not expensive.  It's sad that they are no more.

I've emailed him to ask more about what is,  or what might be happening in the future, especially as regards a shop and the Castagnari side of things.

Graham

arty

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 11:18:11 AM »

Oh, that is sad news Graham but thank you for clarifying the situation. La Maison de l'Accordeon was very convenient for me, as I live in Jersey, it was just an hour on the ferry and an hour's drive from St. Malo.
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:03:34 PM »

"just an hour on the ferry and an hour's drive"

Some of us are so lucky. But still unappreciative of our good fortune; I often find myself complaining (to myself) about having to drive for about 15 to 20 minutes to visit Theo!

I'm pleased, nevertheless, to hear that this fella is still trading; perhaps he's happier downsizing? Let's hope so.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

melodeon

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »

"I've emailed him to ask more about what is,  or what might be happening in the future, especially as regards a shop and the Castagnari side of things.

Graham"

Please keep us posted.

Thanks

-Y-

• Handry 18 (G/C), Mélodie (D), Club IIb (A/D)
    • a database of 400 or more melodeons here
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 06:48:38 PM »

I believe they are now focusing more on Fisart, their brand of chromatic accordion, see http://www.fisart.fr/en for more info.
I think they still sell Castagnaris, I guess they acted as intermediaries between Castagnari and Janick Martin for the conception of the latest 24-basses Handry.

Graham W

• Respected Sage
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »

Fisart have just sent out an email newsletter (which anyone who was subscribed to La Maison's email list will have received by now) . .

The gist is that Jean-Pierre Leray / La Maison had been in partnership with Fisart in Italy for some years developing their own range of accordeons, for which they had exclusive distribution in France.  Eventually in 2015 a 'Fisart France' business was created for this range and initially hosted by La Maison at their shop in Rennes, using their facilities and staff.

Now, the La Maison retail store has closed, but sales/service and after-sales are handled by exactly the same team as before just structured differently:
Ludovic and Cecilia who were the technicians at La Maison both now have their own separate businesses.

So, Fisart France now sells their own Fisart France brand accordions AND Castagnari both trade and retail. Contact Jean-Pierre Leray via  http://fisart.fr/en/
Pre-sale preparation of Castagnari and some Fisart instruments is done at: http://www.cecilia-accordeon.com/ 
Ditto for Fisart Professional accordions at: http://www.ludovic-accordeon.com/
For repairs, maintenance and tuning Cecilia or Ludovic can be contacted directly.

And for anyone who hasn't come across Janick Martin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwZg6anjwU

Graham

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal