Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: History of Saltarelle?  (Read 41481 times)

tirpous

Re: History of Saltarelle?
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »

It's not a problem for me (I cannot speak for others).  Thanks for sharing the catalogue, Felix !

MADness is everywhere...  ;)

KLR

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2019, 01:48:46 AM »

Thanks for the info, triskel.  I'm buying a secondhand Awen and the excellent players in both videos on YT - Martin Quinn and the very talented fellow on staff at Liberty Bellows - remarked on how great they were to play, and it's good to have an idea of the provenance of what I'm buying, too. I like the somewhat darker tone these boxes have, too.  It at least it comes across as a bit darker than the norm to me, anyway, especially compared to Castagnari's trademark bright crisp sound.  This makes me think Saltarelle are noting the success Manfrini are having emulating the Old Greys and offering something along the same lines, but that's just my hunch, I don't hear boxes in person too often.

I watched the tail end of the Liberty Bellows video about 20 times to suss out that these boxes have "McComiskey" basses, too. SALTAWE238BCCW - Saltarelle Awen B-C LMM 23 8 $2799 - YouTube

Saltarelle Awen BC - YouTube

The model I decided on is the Saltarelle Awen, which according to their website, looks to be a new model.  I wonder if Dino Baffetti or Mengascini made it.

To my eyes, used to dealing with Italian accordion makers, and the modifications they make for different customers, in different markets (as long as you buy enough of them like it!) that Saltarelle Awen looks the same as Baffetti's Art. 85 LCGB lusso model, only made in 23-key/flat-keyboard format (for the Irish market), along with some different trim and fretwork.

felix castro

« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »

It's not a problem for me (I cannot speak for others).  Thanks for sharing the catalogue, Felix !

MADness is everywhere...  ;)

Thankyou

I must admit that my saltarelle pastourelle III improved hughely a lot after the last service of adjusting and tuning made four months ago by Stephanie Simon, and it has still things for doing next time she comes here to Galicia. Then sure that my saltarelle was better than I thougth when I bought it but it hasn't a good service for years.

The problem with accordions maintenance is that they loose gradually, almost imperceptively, their playability, and humans adapt ourselves to it, until a certain grade when playability is really bad. That is the reason why the good accordion repairers are so important!
Some thing similar to small holes to the bagpipes bags :-)

I like a lot the darker sound of saltarelles, I have one pastourelle III in Bb/Eb, one Connemara III in D/G, one Tramontane in A/D, a Castagnari Mori in C/F, and the last adquisirion a Pariselle - Mash course 14 basses in G/C that I love for small size, low weight and playability.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal