Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Club X LMMM tuning advice needed  (Read 952 times)

Andrius

• Regular debater
Hohner Club X LMMM tuning advice needed
« on: October 18, 2017, 11:58:02 PM »

Hello,
i need advice in tuning Hohner Club X with LMMM reeds. There are three switches in melody side: for L, for M and for MM. It means it's possible to switch off all voices or to play any of these - L, M, MM and combined. I have got the instrument with L, M and MM+, so two voices were in the same pitch. It was nice except almost no difference between MM and MMM or LMM and LMMM. I thought that reeds for L and M solo must be in exact pitch to get nice "bandoneon" register, so MM+ was re-tuned to M-M+ with amount about 20 cents. It seems it was mistake, because MM now it's impossible to play :-( but MMM seems to be thypical for old Hohner. I see two solutions but not sure that any of them is right: to tune L, M, M+M++ or L+, M+, MM- ; third way - to make less tremolo not seems right for me. And i am afraid that M+M++ or L+, M+ will not be in tune with left side :-(
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
Re: Hohner Club X LMMM tuning advice needed
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 01:09:33 PM »

I would probably reduce the cent offset between the -M and +M reeds, until it is acceptable to my ear. A big offset/fast tremolo is an acquired taste. That way you would still have a variety of sounds without compromising by have two MM reeds tuned to concert pitch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal